nhoj

Oct 30, 2008
Bought a 2007 KDX 200 (yes 2007, the last year available in South Africa - suspect it is the same as a 2006 elsewhere).

It is stock but I have bought the following...
1) FMF gnarly pipe and powercore II tail pipe
2) Boyeson power reeds

The local agent informs me to install the above, remove the airbox lid and rejet the main jet to a 168. They suggest setting the needle clip to 2nd from the top and set the air screw 1 3/4 out.

I know every bike is different but the 168 main seems too big from what I read.

I run at sea level and in failry high temps and humidity (Durban). Bike is used for bush riding (not racing) and I run a 32:1 mix - normal 2 stroke

Any comments?

Thanks
John

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I run 42 & 155 with clip second from top on needle. I think my conditions and southeastern US would have about same conditions as you. Your 168 sounds way too big. Read other posts on here! John

Hoffies

Feb 26, 2007
Congrats John, you should not be dissappointed, great reliable bike. I also have the 2007 200 and am in Pretoria, Have the same pipe and mix ratio, only snorkel on air box removed and am running 155 Main, 42 Pilot, needle clip 2nd from top , jetting is still slightly fat for my altitude(prefer it that way to be safe) so you should actually be running slightly richer than I am(especially if you remove the whole airbox lid). By the way(std jetting delivered in SA Main 160 Pilot 48 and needle clip Mid position) I expect the SA STD jetting should be OK for you, however if you are unsure,be safe and do the Plug Chop. Good luck

nhoj

Oct 30, 2008
Thanks guys, comments and info much appreciated.

I love this bike! (had a 06 WR250F before but it requires too much maintenance)

Hopefully I can fit the exhaust this weekend and will try it using the std carb setup and see what its like. Will also check the plug to make sure I am not running lean

Top Bottom