stevena198301

Feb 21, 2007
I copy/pasted this from another forum I posted it in:

"I have a new RMZ, with 1 hour on it. I was riding it Saturday, and it died. I can't get it to start back. I've checked everything, from auto-decomp sticking, to fuel, to plug, to piston being cracked, and everything I know of in between.

What I am most concerned about isn't this issue, but another one. While taking the cam cap off of the intake side, I found a loose bolt on the back of the cam cap. This bolt should be set to 7lb/in. It was only finger tight. I found it in time ti save the cap and cam, however, I was surfing another forum, and found another guy who had the same problem, but he wasn't so lucky.

I called Suzuki on this one. I asked them if they had any other know issues of this, and of course, it was the first they had heard of it. Not only that, but they basically told me "your bike, your problem". I understand the bike not having a warranty. But should I be expected to take an engine apart, right after buying it, and verify every part is set to correct specs?

The only time on the bike was the initial break-in. I changed the oil afterwards, and it has set in the garage since then. I haven't taken it to a shop yet, but the mechanics I have talked to can't think of anything I haven't checked, talking to me on the phone. Anyone else got suggestions? Please post then, and I'll try them out, if I haven't already. Thanks!"

I'm only posting this to see if anyone can think of why my bike may not run, and to warn other consumers that Suzuki doesn't seem to want to stand behind their products. I really love the bike's feel, but this lack of support is ridiculous...

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
Other than routine mechanical issues, the one that had me pulling my hair out was the intake cam sprocket having slightly turned on the shaft. It's a press fit without a lock and I suspect timing chain binding or possible over-rev unload shock... point being it was the toughest thing to figure out... worth taking a look, should a loose cam cap create a bind on the oppisite cap it may be possible the timing sprocket slightly rotated. This was a 2005... sleezy design tough to figure out.
Good Luck

Top Bottom