Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
Here is the new look for my 'ol KTM.

My friend Chaz did them, and has his own business... so you guys should check him out.

HERE @ www.leguegraphics.com

index.cfm

index.cfm

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Hell Yeah. Team taco bell rules!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Team Taco Bell sticker proudly mounted on the rear fender now.

Another trick for camera love is to paint your spokes orange, for some reason Lyons is in every picture at Sumter.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Grant,

Read D14 HS rules regarding using red backgrounds on number plates. Looks like it is the "M" Class for you.

BTW - Dan Reed will be running "M" on his new 300 XC this year. You and he duked it out a few times last year, should be some good racing :cool:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Sorry to rain on your parade Grant....Fred B is correct:

Rule #15, Section B, reads:

15. Number Plates: Only “M” class riders will be allowed to run red number plate background. Any other rider that
has red number plate backgrounds, and is running in the afternoon program, will be asked to cover-up their number
plate with duct tape (or something) but must still have class letter visible. “M” class riders are encouraged to use the
red backgrounds, but they will not be required to do so

Refer to the D14 Supplemental Rules:

http://www.ama-d14harescrambles.org/images/pdf_rules/Hare_Scramble_Rules_2010.pdf

Sorry bud.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Off te website, they stuck it some where other than with all the other number plate info:

Number Plates: Only “M” class riders will be allowed to run red number plate background. Any other rider that
has red number plate backgrounds, and is running in the afternoon program, will be asked to cover-up their number
plate with duct tape (or something) but must still have class letter visible. “M” class riders are encouraged to use the
red backgrounds, but they will not be required to do so.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
It will be interesting to see if rules are in fact enforced as many riders do not have letters on their helmets, proper numbers with letters in 3 places on their bikes,etc.
Like this rule for example:

Rider numbers & class letter must be displayed on their motorcycles in 3 places; each side & the front. Riders
earning a top number may use their corresponding number the following season if they ride the same class. No other
rider will be allowed to use numbers 1-10. Any rider who wins their class in the National Hare Scrambles series may
use the number 1N when running in that class in a D-14 event. All other riders should use the last three digits of their
AMA number. Below the number on each number plate every rider must display the letter designation for his or her
class. Each rider must also display the letter only on the back of the helmet. The letter displayed on your bike plates
should be at least 3 inches high. A one- (1) lap penalty may be imposed if class letters are not properly displayed.
Starter and referee may refuse to let a rider start without properly displayed letter on the back of helmet or rider
numbers and letters displayed on the bike.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
There was a race last year where that exact scenario took place, and the rider was penalized.

Also, a rider rode in the two hour class with a red or partial red background. They were approached after the race and told of the infraction. As they were unaware, they were no penalized for that race, but were told to change it. They did so at the next race.

It has been a rule since the M class came to fruition (2000-01). It was implemented then for several reasons, most of which was for recognition purposes...for people in scoring (overall position is easier to follow if it's a red number plate...it isn't always an M rider nor a red plate...but it is more often than not, and it makes it easier. If more people from more classes ran red, it becomes more difficult for the people in scoring to follow the overall leader); media covering the race (my wife shot photos when I did articles for Cycle News, and it was tough for her and other people taking pictures to follow who was out front...once the red plates were put in place, that problem was largely solved); and for the M riders and the other competitors to recognize M riders.

There are other series that do this....some for all levels of classes (Pro = Red; A = Yellow; B = White; etc...).

One thing about rules.....they'll never make everyone happy all of the time.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Cody & myself do run the red backgrounds white numbers because this is required for A riders by the OMA series. The red backgrounds will be removed this year as we will not be running this series for 2010. So you will no longer need to worry about me Mark - Cody on the other hand may hit a HS here and there, so he may continue to run the red backgrounds. I do feel that the M riders or AA riders for that matter should be a stand out for their accomplishments :cool:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Pink is also nice.....go's with custom pink hand guards and grip streamers.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Grant - After I had my azzz chewed by Mr. Spore I used duck tape over the red backgrounds and put a big o'le "H" in the center of the panels.

Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
Its no big deal... Im not gonna spend 50 dollars on new graphics. Rules are rules, and I didnt think It would be an issue, as I do have the letter A on them... but I guess duct tape will have to do.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Grant,

I'm sorry to have spoiled your plans :( . The reason I thought of it was Dan Reed said he was going to go w/red backgrounds and I knew I had read something about them. I had just informed Dan that if he goes w/red he would have to change in order to ride Team or any other class than "M".

Fabricate some sweet "M's" to cover the A's and ride M. I have seen you ride and you are M class material. :cool: From your previous post I think you intend to move to the M class anyway - step up now and push yourself harder!

Or ride Heavy Team class, the fasted most fun class of all :cool:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Hey, no bitching from me guys. Just info. I'm out of the loop! :cool:

Grant, I'm certainly not telling you that you can't run what you have...as I have no authority to do so, nor would I be the one to "nark" you out (I just used the word "nark", which Grant might be to young to have heard before. Old people speak.). But at least you know now.....and if someone in that class decides to complain (I can think of someone who just might ;) ), I thought you might want to know ahead of time.

Maybe you and I should just switch identities? I don't really want to run M class this year. You can take my place....and I'll run A class. The only problem is that you'll place higher in the overall than I would have and it will raise questions :think: And there's the height thing.... :laugh:

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I won't Nark you out ether Grant, it's all groovy with me :cool:

You and Mark should run H Team for portland :cool:

I'll be riding H w/Duffy for PTR, but we will not be riding the whole series for points. I am planning to ride D14 MX w/fag flags on.

Team Team Team - up your bum Freddy LOL

Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
09oneL said:
I won't Nark you out ether Grant, it's all groovy with me :cool:

You and Mark should run H Team for portland :cool:

I'll be riding H w/Duffy for PTR, but we will not be riding the whole series for points. I am planning to ride D14 MX w/fag flags on.

Team Team Team - up your bum Freddy LOL

I actually think my moto buddy Dustin and I are going to run team at Portland. Hes earning points for his Pro liscense, and Ive been training on moto so watch out heavy teamers. :nod:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I will be in MO running the National enduro the same date as Portland season opener, I don't know what my plans are for this season-I'll see as I go.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom