Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
My dad is going down on Wednesday to Indy to pick up a lightly used 2010!!

Finally talked him into selling my little brothers CRF 250 and to get a 250sx for him! :)

2010 250sx for 5000! The guy has 5 rides on it, and is now waiting for the new 350's :coocoo: . FINE WITH ME!

SO.... ill be racing the new pumpkin' in select moto races, and Blake will be doing hare-scrambles along with the national enduros in the area on it i would imagine.

NOW I CAN JOIN IN THE POWER VALVE SPING TALK DENNY!!! :cool:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Red

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
That's great Grant. I know the sx has totaly different ignition mapping and fly wheel that the XC's XC-W's. I am not sure how any of the 250's go with the green spring - they may not have the mojo to lug as well as the 300's.

Fred T. has not actually tried the green spring, his opinion means nothing. - no offence too you Freddy.

I am actually considering a new 09 450 Honda for MX @ 5k OTD (I can't believe I just wrote that). Any way "If you can't beat them----"

Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
well Fred, we have a 09 450 you can test ride if your want to spin a few laps before you make the leap. Their great bikes, the only thing we've done to ours was a different shock linkage to make it handle better and a Yoshi slip on...thats it!

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Rivard809 said:
well Fred, we have a 09 450 you can test ride if your want to spin a few laps before you make the leap. Their great bikes, the only thing we've done to ours was a different shock linkage to make it handle better and a Yoshi slip on...thats it!

Grant,

Thanks a ton for the offer. I rode one last night and did NOT like it. Not for me

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
Big Bore for MX

09oneL said:
It's cause it's a 4 stroke

Glad You didn't drink the 4stroke KOOL-AID Fred, although I think you already learned Your lesson on the YZF450 you previously had :bang: Fred may I suggest looking for a Service Honda CR500AF??? I guarantee you will not get beat in MX on one, ask Marty Schraben. Service also makes a KX500AF if you don't like RED :laugh: The only downside is the price :yikes:, but look for a used one on E-Bay. Those are about your only choices if you want to compete with the 450's Call Marty & I'm sure he would let you do a test ride on his new one. :cool: Call me if you need his #

Later,
Dave L.

Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
OK.... for the record...

Fred B. reccomends the ________ PV spring

Fred T. Recommends the __________ PV spring

________ Recommends the __________ PV spring

Just collecting data here, what color does what, and what are your hot jetting tips? :cool:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
start with stock needle (N1EI) in pos #2. See how you like it and then we can go from there. I have a LOT of 250 needle jets.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I do NOT have experience w/250's.

My recommendation is that you try all 3 springs. The green is for greasy conditions and lugging. The red is the fastest most explosive of the 3 and stock is in the middle.

It will depend on the conditions and your riding style. You being a MX guy that is used to riding a 200. I figure you scream to each corner rather than lug in a lower gear like allot of woods guys.

If it is a total mud slop race the green is the way to go, I promise.

You will indeed find that there is a very noticeable difference in engine characteristic from the red to the green.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
D.LEATHERS said:
Glad You didn't drink the 4stroke KOOL-AID Fred, although I think you already learned Your lesson on the YZF450 you previously had :bang: Fred may I suggest looking for a Service Honda CR500AF??? I guarantee you will not get beat in MX on one, ask Marty Schraben. Service also makes a KX500AF if you don't like RED :laugh: The only downside is the price :yikes:, but look for a used one on E-Bay. Those are about your only choices if you want to compete with the 450's Call Marty & I'm sure he would let you do a test ride on his new one. :cool: Call me if you need his #

Later,
Dave L.

Dave,

I do not feal under powered one bit on the 300. I actually think the 300 is a faster bike even down a straightaway. I have seen Marty's bike but, riding the 450F just made me like my bike more. I did not really like the way the 450 handled ether. It is 90% rider and I am just going to get faster. However, if you really guarantee that I will win all my races on a AF500, I'm in. :cool:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
I guarantee that you'll place higher in your class if you develope faster corner speed...regardless of the bike you're sitting on. I had a front row seat at Battle Creek last year watching Kidner rail past 450's on his 125!!! They may have smoked him off the line...but he hammered them with corner speed and walked away.

Corner speed and starts. You could be on a CR750 with $20K suspension and it wouldn't do you jack-shat w/out corner speed. :cool:

What's with all this motor-spring talk?? I thought the orange bikes came "race ready"? :coocoo:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Right Mr. VP!!

Is "the race" to the garage to grab tools to change the spring......then to the beer fridge to bench race about green or red or pink or purple or brown?? :)

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
Yam7M said:
Right Mr. VP!!

Is "the race" to the garage to grab tools to change the spring......then to the beer fridge to bench race about green or red or pink or purple or brown?? :)
Color depends on amount of beer!

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
You both are suffering from "Orange Envy"

Their is only one cure

Rivard809

Oct 8, 2009
On the day of October 2nd (Upton National), my 200 will be up for sale and I will be buying a 250sx. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
09oneL said:
You both are suffering from "Orange Envy"

Their is only one cure
Fred just riding envy!
Knee won't let me ride at all, no matter what the color!
I owe you a beer still what brand were you drinking?
I'll bring to Portland.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Tom,

I do not remember why you may owe me a beer, but I have been pounding the Linenkugle summer shandys :cool:
found at Tom's party store in E.L. - stocked just for me (my mom say's I'm special).

Grant,

It sounds like you really like to 250 SX - If you recall my previous post I was going to get one for this year and put a 300 kit on it, but Freddy told me to buy the XC LOL. Perhaps I could ride the 250 sometime?

Yam7,

BC moto - you in? - wash your scooter, put the speedo away

Happy Friday

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
The speedo's in the drawer for the summer. :)

I pulled the clutch lever on the YZ today, does that count?

Wife had a hysterectomy yesterday. Probably not putting the time into the YZ this weekend......but the mtn bike is ready to go...and there's another Time Trial in Pontiac. :nod:

I wonder how many "brownie-points" I'll be cashing in for that? :think:

I've loved every KTM I've been on. Too expensive for this boy though. Your 300 has more than enough ponies. Practice corners. You'll catch those (other) MX-tards. :laugh:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom