4 stroke but which one, 250 or 450?

tolga

Jun 15, 2005
I have sold my 2004 KX125 and I am looking to buy CRF250 or CRF450. Either R series or X series, it doesn't really matter for the purpose that I am going to use but . . .

Which one I should pick? I cannot decide that I should get 250 or 450.

If it you think that weight and height has also a lot to do with the decision; I am 90 kg (196 lbs) and 1.83 m (6.00 feet) tall.

It could be KTM too, or any other. I am open for any suggestion but mainly I am looking for a suggestion that would help me to make my choice over 250 or 450.

Tolga

OTHG_DAVE_858

Feb 18, 2005
What are you going to be riding, mx or woods? I have ridden both and they are both fun but if you are racing and everyone else is on a 450 you better be too.

tolga

Jun 15, 2005
Mainly i am going to ride in the woods but if i will have chance, i also would like to go on a track but just to improve myself. Even if i might race in the future, i would like to have something that i can strip down so i can race but again not to seriously compete.

Probably because I have not seen any articles and comparison tests about DRZ.

twlobb

Aug 3, 2005
If money is no object i'd get the CRF450R (not X) and never look back. You can ride it in the woods in second or third gear all day long, then go to the track the next weekend and not change a thing.

Camaro

Feb 25, 2002
CRF 450R is the way I would go. I've got mine set up a little stiff for the track but i agree with twlobb the bike is still a blast in the woods with no problems at all.

Scolson

Jul 9, 2005
I say go for the x because it has electric start. 80% of my exhertion in the woods is kicking it when I kill it in the tight sections. I wish Id have gotton the x but I found a good deal on my crf250 that I couldn't pass.

Jul 1, 2005
Get the 450X... I'm biased because I have one, but the 450R is pretty sweet too. I like the electric start on mine and the bike is just built a little sturdier.. The X can easily be made to keep up with an R with a few simple mods, airbox, pink-wire, boysen quick shot, and different exhaust.. i've ridden a modded one side by side with my stock X and the difference is like night and day... gobs of rip your arms of torque down low and it revs a lot longer... you'd be happy either way, X or R...! :) just my 2 cents

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom