4-Stroke Motocross - OK for trails/Non-racing?

smarley

Oct 4, 2007
Hi all,

It seems like there are many more offerings in the 250cc 4-stroke arena that have been designated as "Motocross".

If I want a 250cc bike that I won't grow out of (175 lobs, 45 years old, non-racer), would it be reasonable to buy one of these Motocross bikes and expect them to adapt well to non-racing situations?

It just seems like the "off-road" offerings from Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki aren't nearly as nice or as or plentiful.

Thanks for any advice.

Marley

May 10, 2007
the yamaha and honda are almost copies of their race bike. same engine mellowed slightly. differently tuned suspension along w/ the transmission. they also have elec start and lights. the WR and CRFX's are great bikes.

muddy13

Oct 5, 2007
the off roads(4 stroke trail bikes) are very nice looking lol, but there trail bikes meaning only u and ur friends would see them anyways and they will be the bike that can take more of a beating so the 2 strokes are meant to look more eye catching cause ull be racing with ppl and have lots of ppl looking at you. from what it sounds like your choosing a bike over looks more then performance.

but besides all that id say just go with a fourstroke trail bike if thats all u plan on using it for, and i trully dont know you or how you plan on riding it but im guessing u wont be hitting any massive jumps or anything so i dont see why ud want a racee bike

Top Bottom