4-stroke silencer on 250 2-stroke?

skarpenz

Feb 3, 2008
Hey guys, I'm thinking I may have found the problem with the bike. Its a 250 2-stroke and it has a 4-stroke XR muffler on it. Could this silencer be a problem affecting my bike? I know the design is completely different from a 2-stroke pipe, so this is really my last resort for problem areas.

Dec 8, 2007
Could you post a picture of that? Isn't the xr header diameter different than the cr expansion chambe stinger? what about the mounts?

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
If you are talking about the cr, then yes, it would cause a lack of performance. I would take it off.
and replace it with a two-stroke silencer

skarpenz

Feb 3, 2008
It bogs at low RPM, and will not idle, no matter how I adjust the carb or the cable.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Any jetting issues, you must fix the mechanical issues first. Replace the silencer, then jet it. You may not have to after you fix the exhaust. Get a short silencer for low end, or a long one for top end. maybe that is where the previous owner was doing some figuring, erroneously of course.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…