Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
I am planning on getting a new bike next summer, I've ridden dirtbikes for about 5 years. Been riding my yz426 since I got it new in Sept of 01. A am about a midpack "C" rider, mostly because I havent had time to practice/race enough in the past few years, also because my corner speed sucks.

:coocoo: Call me crazy, but I'm considering a 125 for my next bike. I am going to start riding/training more starting next summer because I will have much more time to ride practice. I know that a 125 absolutely must be ridden hard and cornered aggressively to be ridden fast. It will not allow me to coast through a corner and nail it to make a jump. That's one of the reasons why I want one. It won't allow me to be lazy with my riding like my 426f does. I'm not really concerned with keeping up with the 250f's, because at this level, I dont think that it's an issue.

Has anyone else stepped down to a 125 before and felt like they learned more than they would have on a bigger bike. Hell, I may find out that I like the 125 better. Ideally I plan on riding the 125 for a couple of seasons, stepping up to a 144 or so, then go with a 250 once my corner speed gets where I want it.

The bike that i'm thinking about is the KTM 125SX.

What do you guys think.

:| Don't even suggest a 250F!

BonChance13

May 7, 2002
major readjustment,I went from a VOR 503 to a KTM 125 and it took lots of time to relearn a 125.This is after spending 5+ years riding a succession of open bikes.Before that,I was exclusive to 125's.I love them and at the "C" level,you are right about the speed thing.I would give it a shot,but lots of practise and loctite that shifter if you get that Katoom.If you can corner at speed on a 125 you will be better all the way around.Good luck.

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
I'll probably get a new 250 2st and a slightly older used 125 to practice/beat on. I just don't think that I want a 125 as my only bike.

Top Bottom