Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Here's the chance for all the northerners to laugh at Texas weather.
80 today, 32 tomorrow. Rain tonight, then sleet, then snow tomorrow morning.

From 80 to Snow in less than 24 hours. :whoa:

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Awwwwwwww poor Texans!

Meanwhile - back in the Northeast - the high for tomorrow is 67! :yeehaw:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Okiewan said:
Here's the chance for all the northerners to laugh at Texas weather.
80 today, 32 tomorrow. Rain tonight, then sleet, then snow tomorrow morning.

From 80 to Snow in less than 24 hours. :whoa:

Hey that's Michigan weather right there!!!

It was 63 today (been in mid-high 50s all week), dropped down to 53 started to STORM...now it's supposed to be around 35 and snowing tomorrow....

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
1/2" of snow in Texas shuts the state down. They are literally freaking out on TV about this potential for 1"-3". There was even one of those "Emergency Broadcast System" messages on the tube a few minutes ago "Winter Storm Warning". LOL.

I guess my 17 years in Chicago are in play here, this wouldn't even make the news up there :)

If you know the Dallas/Fort Worth area at all; it's 50 in Ft. Worth and 74 in Dallas at the moment. Pretty nutty!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
When we lived in Marietta, GA we had a huge winter storm that shut everything down for a week or something like that. It was great...I was in 5th grade and we had JUST moved there the week before from Michigan. We still had all of our winter stuff. Mom and dad got the snowblower out just to see what kind of looks we got. We even had a bag of salt laying around that we sprinkled on the driveway. My brother, sister and myself made this huge show of sledding down the hill in the front yard. The looks people gave us passing by!!!
Same type of deal happened in Alabama a few years later, just not as bad.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Almost record low today with a high of 12. Tomorrow we should almost double that ;)
The kids been outside playing the last 2 hours on the pond! To be young again!!

Tonight: A slight chance of snow in the evening...then snow overnight. Snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Lows 6 to 11. Light wind in the evening...becoming southeast around 10 mph overnight. Chance of precipitation 80 percent. Wind chill readings 9 below to 5 above zero.

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
MXGirl230 said:
When we lived in Marietta, GA we had a huge winter storm that shut everything down for a week or something like that. It was great...I was in 5th grade and we had JUST moved there the week before from Michigan. We still had all of our winter stuff. Mom and dad got the snowblower out just to see what kind of looks we got. We even had a bag of salt laying around that we sprinkled on the driveway. My brother, sister and myself made this huge show of sledding down the hill in the front yard. The looks people gave us passing by!!!
Same type of deal happened in Alabama a few years later, just not as bad.
Would that have been the blizzard of '93?

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I was 11...umm..yeah it would have! I think we still have a video sitting around from one of the night news broadcasts. The cameraman slipped and fell, I remember thinking how funny that was.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Man.. i want i to snow.. it was like mid 60's today. Alittle rain, PERFECT weather to get muddy on the go-kart.. but NOOOO the sparkplug majically has to go bad! (yes.. it is the sparkplug..) so i didnt do crap today except get yelled at by my mom...

BUT! back on track..i better start snowing.. because we planned a $2,000 Trip to Peak'n Peak.. so i can go snowboarding..

BadgerMan

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 1, 2001
MXGirl230 said:
Hey that's Michigan weather right there!!!

It was 63 today (been in mid-high 50s all week), dropped down to 53 started to STORM...now it's supposed to be around 35 and snowing tomorrow....

Yep, it is 60 degrees right now and the forecast I saw today showed a HIGH of 25 degrees by Sunday! :bang:

FruDaddy

Aug 21, 2005
MXGirl230 said:
I was 11...umm..yeah it would have! I think we still have a video sitting around from one of the night news broadcasts. The cameraman slipped and fell, I remember thinking how funny that was.
I left NW GA shortly before that, but my family was there. I was on a bus from Jacksonville, NC to Quantico, VA when it hit. I even got to spend the night I the Richmond bus station because everything got snowed in.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Missouri.., mon, tues, wed.......70 degrees. Thurs, 30 and up to 10 inches of snow today...? Unusual for us BEFORE December! Ground's warm though, will melt right away. :cool:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
heck, we've had a 20 degree jump in temperature since yesterday . . .

we're up to 25.

Attachments

• nov302006a.JPG
    nov302006a.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 101

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
We still have sleet and freezing rain. Snow is just west of us in Stillwater. Very unusual. Temps are continuing to fall from a high of 70 yesterday morning at 8 am. The snow doesn't bother me but the ice is altogether different. Just hoping to keep the power on.

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
I went to Tampa, Fla. in December 1983 with plans of staying in my van until I could get on my feet. The first night there temperatures went down to like 19 degrees. It was the coldest temp EVER recored there and the coldest night of my entire life. Two days later I was riding my motorcycle around town shirtless in 80 degree weather.

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
what's snow? Sincerly, Tampa.

Hey I saw yesterday that some place up north (North Dakota maybe?) broke a record for most drastic temp swing in 24 hours. It went from -50 something to over 45 in a day. Can't find a link but it was something like a 100 degree swing.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
We don't have any snow here in Quebec yet. This is VERY unusual! I might not be able to Ski-Doo on the lake during Christmas...

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

We have so much snow here! Apparently we have been setting record lows to, hasn't been this cold this time of year for like 10 years or something like that.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
A customer of mine called me, he was somewhere close to Galveston Bay, said he watched the temp drop 14 degrees in less than 5 minutes :whoa:

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
I never thought this could be possible!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom