kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
MXGirl230 said:
When we lived in Marietta, GA we had a huge winter storm that shut everything down for a week or something like that. It was great...I was in 5th grade and we had JUST moved there the week before from Michigan. We still had all of our winter stuff. Mom and dad got the snowblower out just to see what kind of looks we got. We even had a bag of salt laying around that we sprinkled on the driveway. My brother, sister and myself made this huge show of sledding down the hill in the front yard. The looks people gave us passing by!!!
Same type of deal happened in Alabama a few years later, just not as bad.

I lived in Atlanta for a year and the best day I spent there was when it snowed about and inch on a Sunday night. Monday morning I was haulling a## down the freeway in the left lane. People behind me would try to pull out into the left lane and they would slide around a little and pull back in line. It was so funny!

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
What it seems like here, is as soon as people drive in snow, they lose all common sense. Some guy takes up two lanes because he can't judge the lane width, but the median was still distinct and that's what we were judging off of.

I used to live farther up north, winter was bad there. Temperatures would be so low sometimes the Propane would gel up, and a bunch of houses in the town would lose all heating. In -45 that happened to us, wasn't a very fun day. :whoa:

Lowest temperature last year was around -50c - -55c with the wind chill, which is -58 - -67. That wasn't fun at all. :|

Croft315

Nov 29, 2006
Okiewan said:
Here's the chance for all the northerners to laugh at Texas weather.
80 today, 32 tomorrow. Rain tonight, then sleet, then snow tomorrow morning.

From 80 to Snow in less than 24 hours. :whoa:

Prepare for everyone you know to get sick now! :yikes:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Today is the first time since weather records have been kept in Oklahoma that a "Blizard Warning" has been issued for the central and NE part of Oklahoma. There has been a report of a "snow-nado". We also have thunder and lightning in the snow storm.
There are many places that get far worse winter weather than OK and TX but you have to keep in mind, this is WAY out of the ordinary.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Its global warming Swifty!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn SUVs.

These transplanted cajuns are sitting here watching the snow fall and weatherman says we should wake up to 14 to 20 or so inches by morning.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
evenslower said:
Its global warming Swifty!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn SUVs.

These transplanted cajuns are sitting here watching the snow fall and weatherman says we should wake up to 14 to 20 or so inches by morning.
Have you got a sled for the girls?
Let's see, you move to LA, hurricane Katrina two weeks later.
You move to Columbia, 20 inches of snow, two weeks later.
Evenslower must have some kind of Karma with the weather.

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
BSWIFT said:
Have you got a sled for the girls?
Let's see, you move to LA, hurricane Katrina two weeks later.
You move to Columbia, 20 inches of snow, two weeks later.
Evenslower must have some kind of Karma with the weather.

You forgot drives to OK to ride his new scoot during a record drought and brings 14 inches of rain in two days. :bang:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
evenslower said:
You forgot drives to OK to ride his new scoot during a record drought and brings 14 inches of rain in two days. :bang:
Have you got a VooDoo doll stuck to you?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
I left Nappannee Indiana on Wednesday and it was 66 degree's Less than 850 miles of driving later when I arrived in Fergus Falls Minnesota it was -4 degree's. 70 Degree's in a days drive :eek:

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
FruDaddy said:
Would that have been the blizzard of '93?

I totally remember that storm. I was 12 and we were going on vacation to Florida to Disney World (or Land, whichever) from Michigan. I remember being stuck on I-75 for literally the entire day somewhere in Tennessee, then all roads were closed because there was like 2 feet of snow. We had the new trusty AWD Astro and took back roads everywhere. Vacation would not be canceled! I remember seeing 4x4 trucks stuck and some putting on chains, as my dad wheeled around them all in a mini van. The coolest was all the Humvees blowing through the median on I-75 bringing blankets and stuff out to people.

Anyway, just my random trip down memory lane.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I know...... The TV weather guys get a hard time from us. The "up to 10 inches" predicted is really MAYBE 2 inches of ice. I think they buy stock in the grocery stores. :think: Ice might be worse though.......break out the spiked golf shoes?

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
High of 60 today in Modesto. Burr. Its a good thing I got that new "heated leather seat" feature on the Tahoe ;)

It's been getting down to 38F at night. Now that's chilly.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
GetMeToCA.......
I grew up in LA. One morning we had ice on our little fish pond..........it was a BIG deal! :laugh:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
GETMETOCA said:
High of 60 today in Modesto. Burr. Its a good thing I got that new "heated leather seat" feature on the Tahoe ;)

Yesterday when i left for work, it read 36 :yikes: No heated seats either :bang: :laugh:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
GETMETOCA said:

I'm hoping we don't get up to 38 too fast. I don't want to deal with the potential slushy mess.

adam728

Aug 16, 2004
rickyd said:
Yesterday when i left for work, it read 36 :yikes: No heated seats either :bang: :laugh:

Come on, we had 26F in Tucson the other night. I think it's funny here as people are bundling up for 50 degree weather. Back home we don't put on that many layers unless it's going to be in the teens. Crazy desert dwellers.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
GETMETOCA said:

:rotfl: That's chilly you're funny Natty!!

Actually Roo and I were sitting out on the deck last night enjoying the freakishly warm weather - it's 67 here today!

By tomorrow, high of 50, low of 30 - by the middle of next week normal temps arrive, highs of 37! UGH!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
This has been a bizaar weather event. Thunder/lightning during a blizzard, now, we have dense fog with near zero temps. I can't see the barn 50 yards away.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Finally got hit in the early morning Friday hours. Woke up to an inch of ice and by afternoon it turned to snow and we have 5". Not as much as my father in law. He lives about 70miles North of us and got hit with over a foot. Yay I high of 34 degrees today and Sunny...
Now if this dang shoulder would heal so we could go snowboarding I would be happy!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom