LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
*verry* cool, and congrads :)

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congrats, it sounds like a nice place. :thumb:

If they throw any curve balls during the variance process, drop me a line. I can probably help as I spend a good amount of my professional time crafting answers for city officials. :p

Combat767

It's all about the dirt..
Nov 20, 2001
I wish you and Red the best of luck! Over here on the West side of Illinois in Jo Daviess County they passed an ordinance requiring 40 acres to build on in the country. I believe it used to be 5. They're losing to much farmland to houses. From what I've read in the papers and the Internet alot of these new local ordinances are going into effect. Sounds like you all have a shot at paradise! :thumb:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
Cool Nikki, I can foresee a new member in the family now!!

Can you say John Deere :)

Flying Scot

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 13, 2002
John Deere nuthin'

Just make sure you don't have a spark arrestor and that'll take care of it.

:laugh:

Hope everything goes well. I'm getting tired of my 1/2 acre in Suburbanville and am longing for more land. The Poconos has lots to spare for cheap but my better half likes it here. You guys deserve this break. :thumb:

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
I am just a little jealous!

Congrats on the deal! Sounds sweet.

-jeffd

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by nikki

Next up is the 3-4 month variance process with county zoning in order to build on the property. Then the closing and all that good stuff. Darn the long drawn out wait process! But the ball is rolling... :yeehaw:

If everything works out... I can see a housewarming Spodefest in the future :yeehaw:

Good luck! what kind of variance you looking for? There's more than one way to skin a cat! (just a pun) maybe we can give so bad advice :eek:

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
We need a variance to build because the property is zoned E-2 - Residential Estate BUT E-2 is supposed to have 180 feet of frontage and the property only has 127 feet of frontage. So a variance to the zoning requirements is needed to build. We're in the process of applying for the variance now but let me tell you it's a pain in the butt! There was a variance granted 10 years ago to build but the previous owner lost his life in a car accident and never built. Our only fear right now is the road comissioner (one of the people we have to send our application to) as he has a $2 million tree nursery/property right next to the track and he's trying to sell some (all?) of the land as well. And he wasn't too happy when the track was built last year either. Hopefully he doesn't know that we're damn motorbikers. :think:

Zoomer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 17, 2000
Hey Nikki,
Until you get what you want as far as permits and variances?
"Them durn motercicles next door, I want to shoot them there things :yeehaw: :moon:
I just went through the variance thing for our lot, spent the last 10 months getting to where we could start to build 2 weeks ago. Just found out that my dad had the land in some government setaside program, (he had astroke 10 years ago, and nobody new it, and he can't remember) house is getting roughed in next week, and I'll be dam if I know if I am legal Yet!
In the end it is worth the effort.
:thumb:

Pokie

Administrator
May 7, 1999
Galena, IL
there is nothing like a dream-come-true..... at least so far, so good!

congratulations....and much happiness in your new 'estate'...

Top Bottom