60 Minutes Special on motocross and supercross

FritoBandito

Sep 18, 2001
Fresh off the Racer X website
I hope it isn't a negative spin on our sport, but it probably is going to be.

60 Minutes 2 motocross show to air Wednesday, February 26

Racer X got a call from CBS 60 Minutes 2 producer Chris Martin to let us know that the popular news program's highly anticipated feature on motocross and supercross will air on Wednesday night, February 26, at 9:00 p.m. (EST). According to Martin, it's "motocross at the 100 level," an introduction to "a cultural phenomenon." Some of the industry people appearing will include multi-time champions Ricky Carmichael, Jeremy McGrath, and Rick Johnson, FMX hero Kenny Bartram, and Ken Faught, the editor of Dirt Rider magazine. Check your local listings for more.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
I may have to take the TV my GFs parents gave her out of the box and plug it in and watch. Naw, T33 is right, nobody or at least not many, folks watch 60 minutes anymore. Is it sweeps week? ;)

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I watch 60 minutes and if any news show is ever to give a fair & accurate portrayal of anything 60 minutes would be the show, unless John Stossel jumps in, but he's to busy pissing off the tree huggers. :thumb:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Stossel is the only one that has any credibility, IMO. Maybe, Andy too.

FritoBandito

Sep 18, 2001
New update on the upcoming show - (taken off the Racer X web site)

As I typed that last paragraph, Chris Martin, the producer from 60 Minutes 2 just called for the second time today. The first time was to let us know the long-awaited motocross program was scheduled to play next Wednesday evening on CBS. This time he called to let me know that it now looks like next Wednesday’s show would be devoted to the tragic events of late last night and this morning from the nightclub in Rhode Island. The motocross show is “evergreen” and can be shown at any time. The Station nightclub fire is a story that should be investigated and told as soon as possible. We’ll keep you posted on that.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
If you like John Stossel, check out Laissez Faire Books. They have some great videos of his. He is a huge Libertarian. This site is one of my favorite sources for good reads.

Tony

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
Ok, I clicked on www.tvguide.com and got this

9:00 PM Channel 8 KFMB Wednesday, 26

60 Minutes II
60 min.
Dan Rather interviews U.S. soldiers about going to war with Iraq; Vicki Mabrey reports on the science of appetite control. (VCR Plus+ 32862)

Doesn't say anything about motocross.

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
I agree with Jaybird, John Stossel is a credible journalist.

60 Minutes is liberal trash. Everything they do is laced with liberal bias.

I don't think they will have anything good to say about motorcycle racing, or offroad riding either

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Thump
not to change the subject... but keep your eyes on the TV Guide logo... I have a sneaky suspicion it is going to get a face lift soon. ;)

Are you getting a check with that, Thump?  If so, CONGRATS!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Darn, when Thump becomes a SOMEBODY do you think he will remember us?

Ya Darn Tootin!!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by Thump
Not me per say... but the company I work for.

I did the security at their Tulsa HQ.  Quite glad that beast is in someone else's hands now.  They spend big bucks on fluff and flaunt it often. 

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I can provide mucho fluff! How much do they pay for it? :)

zcookie49

Seven OUT!
Dec 21, 2000
Yeah, 60 minutes did a review on the company that I work for.... Of course it was 1 sided, the other side never explained... it turned out a year later that the people they had on the show saying they were screwed by our company were frauds!!!! OF COURSE, 60 minutes never re-aired the program with the corrected outcome of the lying scum they televised...... My advise... take some of the interview shows with a grain of salt...

GeoffM24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 19, 2003
I was watching CBS last night and they said they would be showing Dan Rathers interview with Saddam on Wed. I think this show is going to be bumped around for awhile with all that is going on.

Top Bottom