BigZWVU

Jul 31, 2003
I have ridden bikes on trails before. But I am looking for something to ride MX. I have never ridden MX before, and I realize I need to practice alot before I ever start. What bike would be good for me? I am looking to learn, but also something that once I feel ready I could attempt to compete on. I have been looking into Honda's, namely the CR250R. Any ideas, reccomendations, or overall thoughts as to what a ideal bike for me would be?

Porstala F9

Jul 30, 2003
From your height and weight, it seems that would be ideal for a 250.

But a CR250 is generally not a very good bike to learn on without ever riding an MX bike before.. However, you say you have ridden trails before, so I am guessing you have the general idea of how to ride a bike, and thats good.

They require alot of skill, and even some of those who have that skill, prefer a 125. Myself included. By the way, 125 and 250s are the same seat height.

Personally, I like 125s, and I have ridden plenty of 250s, and I like to be able to manhandle 125s. But hey, a 250 might be perfect for you :)

Philip

Dirtweek Junkie
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 15, 2002
I am 6'-2" and around 270 and ride a CR250. I grew up on bikes so its not like I was learning when I got this bike. If I had to do it again I would get a 450. They are much easier to ride IMO and if you are a older guy thats where you'll be heading in the future. :thumb:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Im 6'1 255 and i plan on getting a crf450 in the near future.. Maybe even a ktm 450 w/the magic button.. I got pulled hard by one, left me in the dust big time :scream:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom