Status
Not open for further replies.

OTHG MIKE

Oct 26, 2004
Hi , I also posted this in the KDX forum. I'm 44 years old 6'3" and 190 lbs. I haven't rode in 20 years but I did ride from the time I was 11 till I was 24. Looking at the KDX 220 and the KLX 300. If anyone out there thats my size let me know if it would be a good choice or if you have other thoughts. I test rode a 93 CR250 the other day and it was just to darn fast for what I want to do which is trail riding and a little play motocross on local homemade tracks. My last bike was an 83 RM250 back in 83. To tell you the truth I never even considered joining Team Green, but when I went to look at the Yamaha's they had the KDX and KLX there and I really liked the prices. I can get the 2005 KDX 220 for $3995 or they have a 2003 KLX 300 for $3200. Are those good prices ? Let me know what you think before I buy one please. If anyone of you guys play Motocross madness online I'll see you in the zone, if not check it out!
Thanks
OTHG MIKE

nectar

Sep 11, 2002
Hello, I have a 220 and I'm pretty happy with it, but I'm 160lbs, 5-8...I think the 220 is a really nice trail bike...for what you're discribing the 220 will work well....for you're size it s/b ok, however, the suspension w/ have to be adj. for your weight, ie frt springs, and I would strongly suggest revalve....Also, stay away from the klx300 as its a pig....I've never ridden one but I have yet to meet someone who really likes the bike....I think mfsp for kdx220 is like 4200, so that price is fair....hope this helps...good luck....

KAWA200'sRule

Mar 15, 2004
KDX is the best trail bike I have ever owned or heard of for that price. Just throw some stiffer springs in there and you will be set. If you want more power throw on a pipe and it will really wake it up.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Hi , I also posted this in the KDX forum.
And that's a no-no.

Please post a topic in only one forum.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom