Dec 27, 2006
hello i just got a dt100 this weekend from a friend, I got it running for him about 4 years ago and after I moved he left it set beside the garage. I finally talked him out of it and got it running last night by push starting it,(missing kickstarter now). but when i pull the clutch lever in it wont engage. the cable and such is moving but the clutch dont work....I know this sounds stupid but I learned how to ride on a rupp 80, and every year that bike did the same thing. My dad used to start it and put it against the side of the garage in gear and hold the clutch in and let it sit there and bounce and spin.....I know sounds dumb but thats what he did. If anybody knows any easy way to break it loose please let me know. Also if anybody has a kickstarter??? I am located in IA, and one last question I am not sure what year it is, here is the vin if anyone could help me there as well........1t9-014388 on the frame and 1t9-014422 on the motor........any help would be great..thanks all

Dean

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
It sounds like the clutch discs are just stuck. This happens alot when a bike sits for awhile especially if the trans has got water in it or the oil is real dirty. To fix it you should take it apart and clean the discs up its easy since your missing the kick starter it will be even easier. Just pay attention to how it comes apart or better yet find a manual for it.

Dec 27, 2006
well i got it unstuck last night, pulled the old trick that my dad used to do...lol. anyway still working on getting the bugs out of it...one last thing the auto oiler is working for the 2 cycle, but i was told not to depend on it....wondering what the mix ratio is for this bike??? i think i will premix it just to be safe..thanks all

pryor

Oct 21, 2006
I have had alot of old yamahas and never had a real problem with the oil injection. It sure is nice not having to pre mix all the time and if the lines are good the tank is clean and nothing leaks reliability shouldnt be a problem also check the control cable.

Dec 27, 2006
thanks for the help guys..still trying to work some of the bugs out..it has me a little stumped but cant wait to hear it run good and hit the trails...i think it will be a blast

Top Bottom