lowtrkn2k

Oct 26, 2009
Hi I just picked up a 75' MX 125 that doesn't run. I have been looking around for parts that I may need. I'm trying to get a feel for how hard it will be to find parts to restore/rebuild it.

Can you still get seals for the engine and bearings? I've been looking on Ebay and I have found cranksaft bearings and crankshaft seals but none of the other engine seals or smaller bearings. I'm not sure exactly what I will need since I haven't even messed with it yet but I'm just trying to get an idea. The other thing I was wondering is if the rear shocks are rebuildable?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to spending some time on here getting good restore ideas.

2strokerfun

May 19, 2006
If you get a manual, it will tell you all the sizes of the seals and bearings. And there is a very good chance they are all still available, but you might have to order from a bearing supplier and seal supplier. And those prices are usually less than what a dealer might charge you. Don't know about the shock, but most of the mid-70 mx bikes rear shocks were rebuildable, even if they weren't suppose to be. Might require brazing on a valve when they are rebuilt, though.

lowtrkn2k

Oct 26, 2009
Ok, thanks for the information. Thats good to know about being able to get them because I've been looking on ebay and seals and bearings can't be found. The onely one I've come across is the crank shart bearings and seals and fork seals. My next plan is to order a manual from Ebay and see if I can get the bike running. I don't really know what the condition of the engine is in since I haven't really had a good chance to really look it over yet.

Eric Kropp

Mar 14, 2010
I just went to "Babbitts On-line" and you can look up OEM parts on their schematics by selecting your bike by brand, year and model, then you can see all the parts availability. Looks to me like all the bearings and seals are still available. I would buy the bearings at a local bearing shop though...much cheaper.

Eric

Top Bottom