gr411

Feb 8, 2009
hey i keep fouling plugs im running a B9EG NGK spark plug whats a better hotter plug i should use?. Does it do any harm having a hotter plug in it? And will it run dif should i jet it after hotter plug is in.

ps. i put fatty and silencer and power reeds on and then a new plug never had problems with the fouling before the power reeds were on

Thx guys
Brett

gr411

Feb 8, 2009
thank you i still need to find out wich plug i should use for my bike and what does a fouled plug look like

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
gr411 said:
thank you i still need to find out wich plug i should use for my bike

Read the thread in the link and you'll be able to figure out what to do.

gr411

Feb 8, 2009
well thats odd cuz the plug looks fine when i took it out after i thought it fouled it lookes like it should with good jetting just a bit wet

does out board 2 stroke oil matter cuz i used that when i figured i shouldint have

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You read the plug. Heat range comes from the porcelain. Timing from the electrode. Main jetting from the very top of the porcelain, you really have to cut the threads off, or get a good viewer.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
But most trail riders spend little time on the main. Lots of guys have plug fouling issues and start dropping main jet sizes only to keep fouling plugs from an excessively rich needle position or pilot jet. Running a hotter plug can sometimes band-aid the rich jetting.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Very true Joe. I would bet most could plug the main off without issues. BUT, changing the main is the easiest? If he reads the link on how to jet, and read the plug, he will likely find some other mechanical issue altogether!

gr411

Feb 8, 2009
hey RMC what do you all have on your 86 125 just so i can figure out if that plug will work good with my problem

Top Bottom