rcongdon

Apr 14, 2003
I have a 1988 CR250 and am uncertain as to whether it has a chrome cylinder bore or not. I took the cylinder to a mechanic at a Honda shop, and he said he couldn't tell by looking at it. It is a problem because I have new rings for it that have instructions stating that they must not be used with a chrome cylinder bore. The cylinder is original and the serial number on the frame is JH2ME0309 JM004001. Is there any way to tell from the serial number if this motorcycle was equipped with a chrome cylinder bore?

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I know that the '89 CR125 cylinder is Nikasil plated, and that the '87 and '88 were not. I would assume that the CR250's would have the same plating as the 125's but not sure. I'm not even sure if this would help you becuase I do not know what chrome cylinder bore is or would look like.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
88 CR250's were a plated cylinder, not steel.
Unless some one butchered it & pressed in a steel sleeve, you should have a plated cylinder.

& if the mechanic can not tell the difference, run, run far & run fast. Guy should not have wrenches in his hands. :think:

Top Bottom