GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
Have u done it yet, just do it amaze yourself i can't really say what it will do but it is much better than stock. Look on the Just KDX web site and it will tell you exactly how to cut it open. if you don't want to buy a PC pipe or a FMF fatty they both can't be over $200 if i were you i would just buy a pipe, cutting a pipe a part is tough if you mess up there goes your pipe. I have done this mod, true i have An 01 220 but i wanted to know if i would get any performance out of the stock pipe all i got was noise. You may get some performance out of yours.
PC pipe from Rocky Mountian MC 178.99
FMF Fatty pipe from Dennis KIrk 189.99
Not all dealers are going to carry pipes form 89-94
Good luck hope this helps.

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Yeah its better, the hard part is pulling all that perforated mesh out, but as long as you scribe the cuts before you cut them you can weld them back in the same place (or tack them, fit the pipe to check & weld properly) then it is pretty straightforward.

bh

Nov 26, 2001
Thanks guys, after I posted the other day I decided to get the PC pipe from Mx South for 165.99. I can't wait till it gets here!

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
Believe me you will thank yourself over and over for buying a factory made pipe. Good luck Tell us how much like yoiur new PC pipe, they make great pipes.

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
I have it is not woth it, this mod only works for 89-94 pipes. It only makes your bike noisy with no power gains. To do this mod you have to cut the pipe open and take out all the mesh in side- taking out the mesh is not fun you have to drill out all of the spot welds that hold it in, then pull the mesh out. i ended up using a torch to get the mesh out. With a torch you can melt holes in the side of your pipe. I took my pipe to a friend that welds for a living. we had it all back together with in 2 hours. I then took all the factory paint of and shined up the pipe, looks kinda like a factory pipe.

Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
Hmmm, what about modifying it for more power by playing with the size/shape? Just a thought, I have the tools but I am not sure where or if I should start. I am running an FMF pipe and silencer right now, so it's more of an interest/hobby/tinkering than a need.

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
I thought of that too, I called around to diffrent Pipe company to get an idea of what to do. They told me it is all about cones and angles. You would have to have a computer program to tell you what to do. So at this point i gave up and bought a rev pipe i also have a torque pipe from FMF.

Top Bottom