Jul 23, 2008
i have a 92 kdx200 that i just cant see selling so instead, im going to put some money into it. i want a new front and rear fender and thank shrouds and side panels. the only problem is i cant find hardly any parts for my bike because its so old. I have been looking at kx fenders...what years of the kx fenders would work for the front and rear fenders? i have heard the kx 125 99-02 front fender works well. also does anyone know if a kx500 rear fender would work? i have also heard that the kx500 side panels mount right up? can anyone tell me what years of kx's will work for each part? id really appreciate it.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
I think the OEM pieces are still available. If you don't want to spend that much, you can buy new UFO (pronounced OO-fo) from www.frpoffroad.com and other places.

A KX front fender (or aftermarket replacement) will not have the OEM cable guide on the right side, for the tripmeter / odometer cable. I think the bolt hole patterns match up, so any fender may work. I have't tried it myself, so I am not relaying first hand knowledge.

The KX500 rear fender may work with some amount of work. I think it is not a direct bolt-on, but again, I have not tried it myself.

The KX500 / 1988 - 1989 KX125 / KX250 side panels are the exact same part number, so that explains them fitting the same. :-)

The radiator shrouds are just 1989 - 1994 KDX200 pieces, I think. The KX fuel tanks from that era are different, so their shrouds mount differently.

Congratulations on wanting to put money into your bike. I see a lot of posts on ragged out, older model bikes. It is quite nice to see someone take that level of pride in their machine. Again, congratulations.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I second FRPOffroad for plactics. The UFO pieces work just fine, and frp has all the pieces you are looking for at very good prices. I wouldn't bother much with trying to mod other pieces to work unless you just want something that's a "one-off", since the UFO replacements are cheap and easy to come by.

Congrats on deciding to work on the bike. The E series KDX make excellent woods machines. I love mine. I would park it in the bedroom at night if the wife would let me.

J.

Top Bottom