91 KDX200 carb on 01KDX220

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Hello

I've read other threads regarding this topic..
I have just recieved a complete carb of a '91 KDX200 and would like to try it on my stock 01 KDX220.
Besides the obvious,,,will it work,,,,should I use the stock 200 jetting as a base?

Comm'on spring...

Thanks
Joe

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Ya you'll want to use KDX200 jetting specs when you go to the larger carb. The stock KDX200 jetting is going to be too rich for you in the summer months. If you have a look at the JustKDX web page in the Tech Tips section you'll see a jetting article with some recommended starting points. Off the top of my head I'd say you'll likely be looking at a 152 main, 42 pilot. Try the stock 1990 jet needle in the 2nd and 3rd clip position and the stock KDX220 needle in the 2nd from the top clip position and see which works best.

David

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Excellent Dave,,,thanks
I have read the jetting recommendation in the JustKDX site. Jetted my 90' KDX to run like a top .
I now own an 01 KDX220 and bought a '91 carb for $15 buckaroonies..Thought I'd give it a go.
I recognized the necessity for the stock 200 jetting but. I was not sure if the '91 carb itself would work with my bike or if I'd need a later model carb.

I'm looking for more mid - top end.
I do have a FMF rev pipe to put on in the near future as well.
So far I'm stock and want to do changes/mods one at a time..
I'll leave the stock pipe/silencer on and play with the 32mm carb..Then the rev pipe with 35mm carb,,if all goes well I will try the new pipe and the 32mm carb..Ahhh the fun.

Oh yes,,I will mod the air box at some point.Probly play with sprokets and I will definitely change the front forks with XR springs...Rear race sag will be set to 100mm as well...ahh-huu ahh-huu I'll go with the twin air filter too..........
But,,one step at a time..( the only way to learn )

Joe

BucKat

~SPONSOR~
Mar 27, 2002
Thanks fatty_K....
I'll re-read this as I start my change out.
Joe

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…