ssspargur

Sep 22, 2009
Trying to find a decent priced used pair of foot pegs. The stocks are pretty thin. I thought there might be someone out there who knows either where to get some wide ones under $50. Possibly even some that could fit from another make and model bike. The best I can find new is from Freddette Racing for like $65 new. Someone mentioned that you could use washers to help with the fit as well. Anyone who has experience with this please holler. Thanks everyone.

jrnolan

Sep 14, 2009
On a related subject . . . how about replacement foot peg springs, where can they be found? Thanks for the link to the d2moto site.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Those d2moto pegs WILL NOT fit on a pre-1995 KDX. When it lists 1991, the means 1991 KX125, KX250 or KX500.

The cheapest name brand pegs I have found (OK, only brand) is the IMS Super Stock.

Another option is the footpeg widening pieces that are welded onto the stock pegs. Moose Racing may have made these.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
I'm pretty sure 83-94 are the same, or will interchange. Never compared them to 95+ to see if those are the same, but I don't think they are.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
I feel companies like IMS(pegs), Fastway (flexx bars) and scotts (dampers) make great products but I also feel for what they are they are way way over priced and I have to find alternatives because just these three items combined are as much $$$$ as my entire bike is worth. I guess there are enough rich guys out there to support these companies.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Yep, liquid - cooled KDX250 also. It was 1991 - 1994 in the USA. The 1995 model is a European model. No 1996 model.

On the aftermarket comapnies, I had some of those pegs you are referring to. I have not put them on a bike. They look so weak that I just sold them. I have some IMS Super Stock and Pro Series pegs. I thank IMS for the quality, and eBay for the discount. :-)

reepicheep

Apr 3, 2009
I think it's a tough deal for both the buyer and the seller. Developing new products takes a lot of time and money and brings a lot of risk. So if the product fails, you are out everything you invested. If the product suceeds, others will soon enough simply copy it (taking less risk and knowing they have more of a sure thing) and sell it cheaper.

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
reepicheep said:
I think it's a tough deal for both the buyer and the seller. Developing new products takes a lot of time and money and brings a lot of risk. So if the product fails, you are out everything you invested. If the product suceeds, others will soon enough simply copy it (taking less risk and knowing they have more of a sure thing) and sell it cheaper.
While I agree on most things, footpegs are not one of them IMO. Really, using common sense one should be able to design a decent footpeg without serious cash outlay for R&D.

sr5bidder

Oct 27, 2008
glad2ride said:
Yep, liquid - cooled KDX250 also. It was 1991 - 1994 in the USA. The 1995 model is a European model. No 1996 model.

On the aftermarket comapnies, I had some of those pegs you are referring to. I have not put them on a bike. They look so weak that I just sold them. I have some IMS Super Stock and Pro Series pegs. I thank IMS for the quality, and eBay for the discount. :-)

I can assure you the pegs I received are not weak I used them on:
xt350 lent to my brother at hatfield mccoy he crashed 5 times.
my kdx with several 3rd gear dismounts one bent peg pin (factory)
my riding buds dr350 he is 285lbs.!!! .to me (170lbs) sets my mind at ease, if he can't tweak them I aint gonna brake them
if I ever do I can buy 4-5 sets before I'd reach the cost of IMS

now if IMS were to lower the price to say $32-$48 dollars a set I think they would sell a bunch of them instead of a few.

domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
I use the weld on pieces. They work well. Can't remember the price but I think cheap. Dave

SS109

Jul 27, 2009
I tried to find the pieces but haven't had any luck. Anybody know who carries them?

ssspargur

Sep 22, 2009
Works Connection makes them. I found them at motorcycle superstore, but they're probably other places too. Thanks for the help. I guess the pre '95 KDX crowd is out of luck. Weld-on it is.

bujas

Oct 21, 2009
Hi,

Does anyone knows if there are any foot pegs for the passenger for the 1993 KDX 250?
Mine only have the driver foot pegs, i think is how is supposed to be but sometimes i would like to take someone with me.

Top Bottom