93-94 KDX fork tube sizing question

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
Guys, I'm putting together a poor man's upsidedown fork conversion for a H series kdx and I need to know what size the forks tubes are under the lower triple clamp and the upper triple clamp.Giving me the sizes in MM would be perfect. Thanks in advance

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
I.d. Or O.d. I Have A 92' Will That Do.

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
Raz, yes that will do (if I'm correct the 92 has the upsidedown forks also.) I'd like the OD so I can match up the size to the forks I have to see if there is a size difference in the triple clamps. Thanks so much.

razrbakcrzy

Aug 12, 2004
I get it this week end and I'll post a picture of our bike to let you see if they are what you are looking for.

domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
The 92 KDX has conventional forks. In 93 they changed to "upside down".

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
the size for the 92 will not work for me.....does anyone have a 93 94 with upside down forks and willing to measure the fork O.D. under the top and bottom triple clamps ??

Karbon_Dunn

Jun 4, 2004
I know Jason_Who has either a '93 or '94. I would be happy to get the O.D. for you but my brother just took both of my '93's down south for the winter to ride. I will try and get ahold of him and get those specs for you.

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
Karbon- that would be cool, I still haven't been able to get the numbers (MM) for those forks for those years..I'm trying to put inverted KLX forks on a o1 KDX. I have a really nice set of forks but no clamps and see different year clamps from time to time on the auction site.Hope to hear from you soon.

pete fry

Mar 9, 2004
tube sizing

I have a 1990 200sr,jap import with upside downers.
The top of the tube is 50mm diameter.
The lower area where the clamp fits is 55.5mm diameter.
The under side of the top clamp has KX500 written in the casting.
Hope this helps. :cool:

Aug 3, 2004
ive gotta 94 with the pside down forks, but they say KX125 on the upper triple tree but i dont konw the diameter yet
ill try to get them measured tomorrow

trailryder

Oct 1, 2004
pete- those forks you have are oddball for the states but I do appriciate you're help. Hero- Thank you and look forward to your answer.I

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…