freakystyley

Nov 27, 2006
grabbed an old 95 yz250 to spruce up and need plastic. I have seen tons of 96 and newer but very little for the 93-95. just wondering about the body diffs in these models and how much fabrication would be needed to use a year newer plastic.

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
do a search, a while back a guy did this and had modified the back bone of the frame. they are totally different machines, dont ruin it....for the sake of the 2 stroke!!! :ride:

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
i do believe the difference is in the tank design.. and a different airbox style for the number plates

freakystyley

Nov 27, 2006
thanks for the help, I have located a few plastic sources but only in white...I know that was stock along with a sweet purple frame, but was looking for something in blue. I did order a set of decals that should hide the rough looking sides and get me by for a while.

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
Your 95 looks nice from the pics. I had a 94 back in the day that i loved. I used to ride it against my buddy's 94 cr250 and it would hang right with it. A little off topic, just thought i would commend you on your bike.

jmics

Apr 19, 2006
front fenders will fit from all sorts of years so that color should be easy not sure of what color the 96 wr 250 was or if rad shrouds will fit but that might be a source of a blue rear fender at a yamaha shop.

MX86

Dec 27, 2006
as compared to what? seat length is about the same as my yz250..

kingbrian

Jul 20, 2006
hey -gunr- got any spare black radiator shrouds fer sale? uhh think i just jacked this thread..... sorry..... and by the way the wr seat is alot taller if thats wutcha meant

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom