94' kdx 200 strange powerband hit, help!!

MeanGreen94

Jan 29, 2007
This winter I purchased a 94 KDX 200, it has Fredette engine work which is only a port job I believe, FMF Fatty pipe, and a Powercore silencer. What I have noticed with this bike is an uncontrollable powerband hit. It seems like it's running good up til about half throttle and then without warning it hits. It is an abrupt hit. I would like to smooth this out if possible. This powerband makes it very difficult to wheelie over obsticles and climb hills. I have gone through a fender already and damaged my new one, and when im climbing a hill and it hits it just breaks my rear tire loose. I find myself very frustrated with this powerband and need a solution fast. Thanks in advance.

seb33

Mar 2, 2007
KDX 200 already have there powerband up high compare to a 220 I suspect that the porting job with the fatty pipe was done to make the bike even more like a MX (not much on the bottom but every thing up high) If this is the case you would need to undo the mod that was done to it!! :coocoo:

nwjohn

Aug 4, 2004
call james dean (jd jetting) and get a diffrent needle. i did this for my wifes 94 , his needle profiles seem to smooth the power band out and make it more linear through the power band.

motodr9

Sep 1, 2003
jetting

It sounds to me like the pilot is too rich, and the needle/main are too lean. When you get on the needle (1/2 throttle) and above it screams? Cleans out suddenly? :yikes:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom