95 KX250, need some help on the suspention setup.......

TRX55

Sep 9, 2002
I need a little help dialing my bike in. I did a harescramble the past weekend. The bike produced some serious headshake on bumpy straits and i had a hard time controling it through slippery root sections. My front has 100mm/7wt comp/all out,rebound/12 out. The rear is also stock with comp/all out, rebound/6 out and 4" of sag. I'am 6'1 at 165pounds. If some one can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it... I would also like to know if a steering dampner would be a plus or can i accomplish alot more with proper set up? Thanks .................

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The 95 was a funny year-it hard a hard rear and soft forks-you need to either soften the shock or stiffen the forks to get it balanced.Im talking correct springs here. goto www.mx-tech.com and look at the spring rate generator and also the tuning guide.Also a bike of 7 years could well be in need of a full suspension stipdown.The midvalves on the forks tend to warp making then even softer.

TRX55

Sep 9, 2002
I went to the website but the oldest year for the spring rate generator was 97. Do you know what weight catagory the factory suspention was centered around? As far as the suspention the bike being a 95 has only been ridden about 300+ hours since new. I had the shock rebuilt and the fork seals changed earlier this year and the front bushing were still in good shape. I've dumped some serious money in the motor this year, and having to spend more money to dial the suspention in is something i really don't want to do. Is this year KX worth putting that much money into or would a 00or01 be a better choice? I know the suspention is much beefier than mine but still plush.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom