cujor6

Mar 19, 2008
95 wr 250, cant get the dang thing to start again. only if i clean the plug, witch is soaked. and even then it only runns for maybe 2-4 seconds and wont fire back up. every now an then a backfire. Had a freind wjo " knew what he was doing"
look at it and now the adjustment screws are not where i had them (dont remember either lol) so.......what to do. drain the fuel and replace with new mixture, new plug and.......????

May 1, 2007
I had the same issues with my YZ 250. I was going through plugs like crazy and my jetting was fine, and I was keeping it cleaned out at all times. Dealt with changing a plug every day or two of riding but now I see that the reason is because I have weak spark/ wrong timing curve. I hear in these old bikes expecially that the stator getting weak can cause all kinds of problems. Mine got worse and I had enough spark for it to backfire or run for a second or so but no longer. I was told that it has enough spark to fire but not enough for the cdi to have correct timing. Hopefully you do not have the same problem. If you start getting hard starts SOMETIMES and first kick starts other times then you might want to look into it. Just throwing it out there because I spent about 10hrs trying to figure out my problem then paid another $100 to have a shop troubleshoot it. Sucked pretty bad.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom