mcraig79

Jul 26, 2009
Got my hands on a 95 yz 250..problem is it sat for a while and..well i cleaned the car which was very nasty changed the fuel. And need to get a plug and change it also..but couldnt find one today..well problem is after about 30 minutes the bike did start and when giving any throttle it bogged and died...wouldnt idle.
then tried for little more to start it and the bike backfired.
it has a procircut pipe on it but i am unsure what the jetting should be for that pipe so i can make sure its correct.
just wondering if anyone can give me few ideas of other things to check on the bike

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
Sounds like you may still have some carburetor issues. When you cleaned it, did you remove all the jets and then soak the body in a solvent? If a passage is blocked with gummed up fuel it is going to take a bit more than just surface cleaning to clear it.

An overnight soak in a good carburetor cleaner solvent is recommended. Rinse off with water afterwards and then use compressed air to blow though all the passages you can get to.

While you have the carburetor off take the reed box off and inspect the reeds.

What plug are you using that you are having a hard time finding? If you are looking for something exotic it might be hard to find but you should be able to get a BR8ES at most auto parts stores and it would work just fine to get the bike started. You might want to use a cheap plug until you get the carburetor issues resolved so you foul $2 plugs instead of $8 plugs.

Rod

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom