Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Was wondering if the forks where different for the exc/mxc models in that year.
I was thinking so, but not to sure.

Any thoughts?

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Well talked to steve at lansing cycle, says there is no real advantage and that I can get same results with having suspension gone threw...

Hevster1

May 2, 2000
Forks on exc/mxc were the same 45 marzocci crap I had on my 95 except they were hard anodized sliders or so I was told. Beware, these forks were unpredictable at best especially on rocks or roots. I strongly suggest a damper if you dont already have one and quality tires like a Mt-44 Pirelli in front. This front end put me down so many times I finally sold the bike for my 01 400 exc. That was after I had the internals changed to kyb (Malcolm Smith and C Cycle in CT offered this service years ago fo about 1k) which made it better but it still was not as good as current suspension.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Wow that is some good info. I put s-12s on it and that helped a ton.
I due notice that the front end seems to feel light or not well planted at times,
I know I need to upgrade in bike, but just trying to buy time. Maybe I should consier selling in the spring. Suspension work may or may not help that much, but
eventually an upgrade is what I have planned....thanks for the info.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Hey Jim - before you pass judgement on your suspension, make sure you totally go through the basic routine set up stuff - chances are Lansing Cycle can help there. Get your sag dial in, get the clickers fine tuned, assure spring rates are OK etc. If after all that, you still feel it is a problem THEN consider full tilt revalve etc.

Asrith

Jul 18, 2001
Mike,
Yes, I think what I will do is take the bike to them, EE, and have those folks go thru it and help me set up all the variables. I suspect EE will be just fine as apposed to race tech? What do you think Mike? This is the winter project, get suspension all sorted out.
Nice to hear from you Mike, you been riding? Getting cold out there....

Top Bottom