deckert4591

Jan 18, 2009
I picked up a 96 rm125 from a guy who said all it needed was a coil. It felt like it had great compression but it had no fire. Well after a coil and the new stator it really needed it has great fire, but still refuses to start. It is getting gas and I even pulled a "no no" and sprayed a little start fluid to it. I have fuel and fire. What don't I have? Timing?

deckert4591

Jan 18, 2009
Ok how do you check the timing? I know you can clock the stator by loosening the 3 mounting bolts but how do you know where to set it?

yz80nbeast

Jan 25, 2007
well if your luckey you can go online and find it somewhere but if you had a manual it would really help but im sure youll find it online with some hard searching

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
yz80nbeast said:
well if your luckey you can go online and find it somewhere but if you had a manual it would really help but im sure youll find it online with some hard searching
The know it all who doesn't believe it when we tell him to get a manual chimes in :rotfl:

carlav1410

Nov 28, 2008
Well I would check the compression. If you have good spark and getting good fuel then it is not out of time. Also it could be the reeds. If the reeds are off the frame of the reed body then it will get to much fuel. Hope this helps

Cal

Top Bottom