NDRO RDR

May 11, 2000
Jeremy,

I have a problem with my shock. It seems that the rebound needle is stuck in the seat, as it is at full damping no matter where the clicker is set. Is there any chance that this is serviceable by me? It has been serviced recently (oil change and re-charge) but I have not had it re-valved since I originally had it done in '96.

Should I send it back to the tuner that originally did the mods, or do you think that it is possible for me to do the work. I am an experienced mechanic, so I don't have a problem with doing it myself, I just don't know if there is anything I can do about it. This is the second time this has happened, it happened right after it was initially revalved and I just sent it back to him to fix it.

The bike is currently my DS bike, so it doesn't get used that much. Since it is at full rebound damping, the shock packs bad in rocks and is generally not too comfortable on the trails.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rob

Jeremy Wilkey

Owner, MX-Tech
Jan 28, 2000
Rob,
That could be all kinds of problems.. It's most likely the check valve is stuck on the rebound circuit. Speak with your tuner, he derserves the chance to make good on his service.

Regards,
Jer

Top Bottom