sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
i have noticed that my rear shock/suspension has become real stiff. i was what are the signs of a bad rear shock
right now the rear of my bike sits low and if i put my foot on swingarm and pull up on my seat i can get the suspension to rise up could this be because of the shock or is my bearings bad? also on the adjuster screw which way softens suspension to the right or to the left?
ty guys

Oct 15, 2006
The way that I always check the condition of the linkage and shock bearings is to place the bike on a stand, rear wheel off the ground, then pull up on the swingarm near the rear axel. If there is play, this would indicate that the bearings are worn. Additionally the bearings can be seized and rusted bacause a seal is blown, to check this you will need to strip the linkage. Another issue that will cause the rear of the bike to ride low is the suspension sag setting, this maybe adjusted by turning the ring at the top of the spring clock wise. Do you have a service manual?

Last edited:

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
no manual yet
spring is adjusted to a little below top
after looking at it more i think bearings are semi seized
going to change them all out next weekend
could it be that the linkage was over tourqued? because if i grab back of bike and put foot on swingarm i can pull it up a couple of inches :bang:

Top Bottom