CLUTCH444

Apr 13, 2010
help yz 125

hey

im trying to get my bike ready for track here in the next week and im having trouble with my bike. I rebuilt the top end, and redid some internals on the bottom block such as the water pump and push rod assy. for the power valve(never split the casing).However, now when i start it, it acts like its being held open at full throttle. The jets are right(stock), the carb slide is all the way down, the floats not jammed, the air/fuel and idle are set to stock. its got a new spark plug, new gaskets, and everything has been double checked for loose bolts for air leaks. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thanks
taylor

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site, Taylor.

I moved this to 2 strokes for more views.

T

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
If it was me, I would NOT use propane. Non-chlorinated brake cleaner and baby powder is a lot safer. You are more than sure the slide is closing all the way? Have you checked the plug? Wet or dry? Vintage Bob

mathd

Oct 11, 2008
No propane bottle,
Make sure the carb slide is closing properly once again even if you did already.
Check the spark plug wet/dry.

CLUTCH444

Apr 13, 2010
ill check the carb slide again and wet/dry plug. i just got the material to make a leak down tester as well. i noticed last night that when i started it once, and dipped the bike to check the float, it dumped a bunch of fuel out the carb. does this mean a faulty float or carb? could this be causing part of the issue?

thanks again
taylor

CLUTCH444

Apr 13, 2010
Hey wanted to thank you guy for your help. It was a faulty gasket on the intake boot that i had overlooked....its always the easy sh*t that gets ya in the end. Engine runs perfect now.

See ya on the dirt
Taylor

Top Bottom