MaverickAus

Mar 14, 2009

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
You'll probably need a front wheel too. The KDX stem has to be pressed out of the lower triple and pressed into the KX lower triple. You have to use KDX stem and stem bearings. Lots of info on this at kdxrider.net in the fork conversion section.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
Well ok then, I'll keep it simple.

Does anyone know if the 99 KX125 forks and triples will fit a 99 KDX200?

No, they will not "fit".

If you already know the stuff I posted above, then you already know that you can MAKE them fit.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
No problem. Fork conversions on the KDX are quite common. The stock forks are lackluster at best, although with some time and money they can be set up to work quite well. Sometimes it's easier/cheaper to just install MX forks. I'm running a yz250 front end on mine. KX is the most common.

A kx500 front end is a direct swap. You need the forks, triples, and front wheel. I think you can use the KDX caliper for that install. The stem and bearings are the same for kdx kx5 so it bolts right up.

KX125/250 forks will require you to press the stem out of your KDX lower triple and have it pressed into the KX lower triple. After that you bolt it together using KDX stem bearings on the KDX stem. Again, you need the forks, triples, and front wheel. Steering stop needs to be extended a bit afterwards to keep the bigger forks from hitting the tank.

Takes a little effort, but a very worthwhile mod. If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them up. I can try to help, and I think there may be a few other front end conversions here. at www.kdxrider.net there's an entire section on MX fork conversions.

J.

Top Bottom