Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I got up kinda early and headed out the VTR harescramble by 9:00AM. I wanted to get a spot so me and my buddys could hang out and have a pit on the track. I got there cna called DW and Trash to let them know where to look for me. I hung our and made freinds with the neighbors.

I was looking for DW and Joe Mapes went by me on his MTB os I talked to him for a while. He had a concussiion at the Kasky enduro and got bang up pretty good but he's doing OK and will be ready by the end of July to ride again.

Finally DW and Cody Fasnendang showed up and we hung out. I borke out the "blingmeter"for DW and his bike broke it.

Finally it was time to race so we all got lined up and I looked like hell to find a hump to start on and finally found a spot where I could touch mother earth. Line after line too off, in fact DW took off twice for good measure! So it was my turn to go, I reached down and selected second gear and pulled in the clutch. The flag drops and I kick and nothing, crap I had to dig out the kickstarter and try again, she fires and I am off in dead frikin' last place. Crap, the Z class was behind us and soon I'd be pulling over for those guys. I got stuck in traffic and after the first lap things th8inned out and I got a gorrve going. The trail was sweet tight single track that was all virgin. 80-90 % iof the course was singletrack and very tight at times. I kept motoring along being smooth and getting passed but passing some people too. On the third lap I had to pull over 3 times to clean my glasses from sweat and wipe it from my eyes, I was getting warm I guess. I figured that on the fourth lkap I'd be done so I gassed it hard that lap and come to find out at the end of that lap I got the white flag and had to go one more lap. I was in survivla mode for the most part but kept the bike up right and made the lap.

After the Race I saw Kadie Campbell and she gave me a cold water so I hung out with htose guys for a few minutes, then I want over to the corner to see who was cheering me on and it was Vic Flegal and family.

So I go back to my pit and begin getting undressed and watching the last hour of the race. Every one finishes and we are bench racing and I hear my name being called over the loud speaker. "What the heck did I do?" SO i hop on my bike and ride up to the sign up tent. I go up there and a guy in my class wanted to know if I remembered passing him because he was in first and don't remember getting passed. "I don't know" I said, "what bike are you on?" He said "a yamaha with yellow fenders" I said I was just our there for a ride and I got passed and I passed people so I don't remember. Virginia Hunt took out the lap by lap score sheet and showed the guy where each lap I was getting closer and On the fourth lap I was just behind him and at the end of the 5th lap I was in from of him at the scoring tent. Game over, I WON! So I won frist place in my first haracramble of the year and they handed me my trophy and ride rode back to the pit, pretty dang happy. :cool:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
1st place...good job freddy.

Kadie C was there? Isn't she the DNR trail tech or something like that? Seems odd that a DNR person would spend there time at a motorcycle event. Dosn't seem like there bag of tea so to speak.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Fast guy Lenard Keen is Kadies boyfriend.

Ya Freddy I do like to entertain and put a smile on ones face! I was just checking the tire! Go ahead and elaborate if you would as you already have Cody & I laughing our a sses off with your post! :laugh:

All I can say is it was a DOG FIGHT all day long. :cool:

DW

TCTrailrider

Jan 19, 2004
Great job Freddy, thats two firsts on a row. I ponder how someone who can't touch the ground can be so fast. You and trash are flying. Sometimes I think I was borne to tall to be fast, then the giant (Maurer) lays waste to that idea. Keep up the great year, maybe having your neck shortened last year was a blessing. :rotfl:

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Man, it seems like I miss all of the good ones!
Great Job Freddy!
It was a hot lazy day in Texas 95 deg. Man the air cond. sure felt good.
Come on DW we want details.
Don

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Congrats Fred. I'll bet the best wins are the ones you don't know about! :cool:

I've been meaning to ask - does anyone know if Joe Mapes grew up in the Midland area? There was a Joe Mapes that lived a dozen houses down from me where I grew up, and his Dad was a big enduro rider back in the 70's. His Dad always rode Yamaha 360's I think.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
YZMAN400 said:
1st place...good job freddy.

Kadie C was there? Isn't she the DNR trail tech or something like that? Seems odd that a DNR person would spend there time at a motorcycle event. Dosn't seem like there bag of tea so to speak.

As mentioned Kadie is LeRoys girlfriend and she's also a rider. Her ambition this year is to save eonugh for a new KTM 2 hunny. Shes a VERY good rider, rode "A" class in 2001.

Thanks for all the props everybody! Looks like DW is keeping that double start story on the down-lo. :rotfl:

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
Ok here’s how the double starting thing went. I’m sitting on the starting line calm & focused watching the flag mans style starting the rows ahead of me.The open team class which is lined up right in front of me takes off, so I’m next! WRONG! The damn light team class guys lined up to the far left of the starting line on low ground in the sand and I didn’t see them, Go figure….Well the flag mans calls out 10 seconds and I’m hell bent focused on pulling the hole shot with my little o’le 2hunny like I did last weekend! Flag drops I’m got the hole shot into the first turn I go then I hear a couple of riders behind me yelling, I figured kiss ma azz I’m ready for a dog fight because my class is loaded with talent! So over the jump into the second turn I go. Now I’m hearing the spectators getting kinda loud, I’m thinking hummm something ain’t right here this is a hare scramble not a motocross event. By turn 3 an old friend of mine that I haven’t seen in 7yrs happens to be standing there and starts waving his arm up in the air yelling WRONG CLASS GO BACK! {Sumbeech I took off with the team lights} With that I hustle my embarrassed azz back to the starting line and lined up in the same damn spot to hear everyone including the spectators chuckling then I look over to see Trashrider in tears of laughter and the guy next to me says “Glad your back we all missed ya”.ha ha… Flag man yells 10seconds! Now I really want this frickin hole shot! Flag drops.. ya I pull the hole shot alright for 50ft only to miss 3 gear and end up 4th in turn one, #@$% shizzz I’m thinking this is going to be a tuffy cause I have no vantage point now. Well I settled down a bit and got past the guy in 3 place with a clean pass, at leased I thought it was! Then I caught up to the guy in second and got around him in about 2 ½ laps only to finish 2nd for the day behind the for ever fast Eddy Keen.

My son Cody finished 1st
Trash finished 4th A day long dog fight battle with Soekenson that came right down to the checkered flag! Pit bull style.

Also Trevor & the Kasky boyz took home some Iron too.

It was a fun day. We got there and FastFreddy had set up a good vantage point for pit, right off a sweeping turn that you had to slow down for. Your right Don you did miss a good one!

Again congrats on your 1st place Freddy! I new you had put a good ride together.

DW

Mully

Moderator / SuperPowers
Jun 9, 1999
:cool:

Way to go Fred!!!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Great ride Freddie!!! Jack Pine will make it three for three first places - worker points are GREAT!!

Hey DW - I am sure there is a new nickname somewhere in that story, but it may not be appropriate for DRN discussions...maybe around a campfire.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
fatherandson said:
Great ride Freddie!!! Jack Pine will make it three for three first places - worker points are GREAT!!

Hey DW - I am sure there is a new nickname somewhere in that story, but it may not be appropriate for DRN discussions...maybe around a campfire.

Hey T bone, what ya think about "Double D" ???

Don Marsh

~SPONSOR~
Jun 5, 2001
Great one Denny!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom