wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
ok I'm in the process of doing up my 93xr600. but I'm on the tight budget b/c of school so i'm alittle limited.

i just bought the bike a few weeks ago, and since i don't have it here w/ me i can't look, but i was trying to find jets for it and @ the carb parts ware house i think they are only listing a main, i say this b/c its the only jet labeled for a PD carb. but if someone knows what part number or series is the piolet?

also, i see alot of info on the internet about wiring up stators for the battery operated xr's so you can run 55/60 watt bulbs w/out draining the battery so much. But i'm curious as to if i could run either 2 35 watt bulbs or one 70 watt bulb with my non-battery 600 w/out wwiring? i know it may be dim @ idle, but would it work?

i ask this b/c i go to school with this kid who has a dual light set up on his 2000 xr650,which are 2 35's. which equals 70 watts since wattage always adds up. and other than that the bike is stock

any guidance is greatly appreciated. :) :cool:

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
For many years, the stock XR600 had a 100 watt lighting coil. It will run a 100 watt bulb as long as you use an LED taillight bulb. I am not totally certain the '93 does, but it would be easy to install a 100W bulb, remove the taillight bulb and see if it works.

They can be great bikes when maintained well. The suspension needs serious help on these things, IMHO. Just my thoughts though.

Chris

Top Bottom