wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
If you guys think this post belongs some where else feel free to move it, I thought this would be a good place to start though.
any ways, I'm trying to run a LED taillight and LED plate lights on my 93xr600R. now the problem I'm having is the bulbs are not lighting. From what I've heard i need to conver my AC to DC current. Now to do this i guess i would need either a diode or a rectifier. But my question is this:
since my xr only come w/ a AC regulator, could using a xr600l regulator/rectifier work seeing as though they use batteries and must conver AC to DC to be able to charge the battery?
or am i looking at this at a wrong perspective?
either way, does any one know as to what i can do to make my LED bulb work? :coocoo:

76GMC1500

Uhhh...
Oct 19, 2006
I should think a diode would run off of AC. Sure, they only work when power is flowing through them one way. But the power is flowing the correct direction 60 times a second. This is fast enough that you wont be able to see it flicker.

ZOMBIE666

Mar 24, 2006
76GMC1500 said:
I should think a diode would run off of AC. Sure, they only work when power is flowing through them one way. But the power is flowing the correct direction 60 times a second. This is fast enough that you wont be able to see it flicker.

exactly ^^ the LEDs themselves should still work but as GMC said they will flicker at whatever frequency the magneto is outputting. (actually looks pretty cool, like BMW led taillights)
look up on *BAY for a dual sport regulator or a TYPMANIUM unit (dc regulators used to swap out old zener diode regulators in old triumphs)

Top Bottom