6DXR

Apr 25, 2010
Hello all. I just bought a 99 KLX300r. It's been street plated and is street legal. In riding it around a bit, I have developed a few questions I hoped you guys could help me with.

1. The front right turn signal doesn't work. I don't know if this is something as simple as the bulb is out, or if it is a problem in the wiring.

2. The brake light only goes on when I use the rear brake. Which isn't a huge deal, because the brakes are usually used together, but still, it would be nice if it worked when I used the front brake.

3. The horn doesn't work.

4. It has no mirrors, I was hoping you guys could recommend some good low profile mirrors. Perhaps bar-ends?

5. I'm not a big fan of the gray seat, I was wondering if there is aftermarket seat covers in black or something?

6. And probably the biggest issue.. If I am coasting for a bit or not on the throttle very much, the lights will dim out until they are off completely. If I give it a big rev, they all come back up. I think this is probably due to having a weak battery. Help here would be greatly appreciated.

Other than that I am very happy with the bike. Eventually I want to throw some supermoto wheels and tires on it, but from what I have read, the wheels will need to be custom made, so I'll save that for later, and get these minor things fixed up first.

I have pics, but it won't let me post them up yet.

Thanks,
Ross

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Start off by getting a known good battery in there and grab a test light. Once you get that far remove a right turn signal bulb and check for power. Do the same with horn, disconnect it and check for power. If no power is getting there look over the wiring harness and try to find connections closer to the switch. Also make sure your grounds are good.

It's possible you don't have a brake light switch installed on the front. Check to see if it's there and if it is check for continuity through it.

Top Bottom