A few questions and concerns about my CR250

AnTs

Uhhh...
Nov 5, 2005
Hey guy's, well i got my topend finished and rejetted right finally. Went ridding yesterday it was a whole new bike :)

But i have two questions mainly.

1. When i start my bike and start going in first then i want to stop and just coast to turn or what ever i was doing my bike still moves. Like it is running by it's self. Nothing is stuck. I think my idle is a little high because it sound's loud just idling to. Would that cause my bike to just go at a slow coast pace with out any throttle?

2. I have never road a two stroke beside's mine, i was just curious are all two stroke's first gear and second short? First gear on my bike is like really short, second is longer of course. But im just wondering if that's how two strokes are. I figure it is because it ecellerates faster then a four stroke so the gear's seem shorter. Just wondering if that's how my bike is, or all 2 stroke's.

Kind of a weird question but what ever lol.

Thanks

+30

Aug 2, 2005
imho first gear is useless for mx. unless you fall on a hill.even on uphill starts i always use second. it just takes too much time to punch down to first for a half second then into second. if your idle is still to high after adjustment check your carb to reed clamp and around the reed cage for an air leak. also you prob already know you need to check your throttle cable routing and turn the bars stop to stop on the stand with bike running.

Top Bottom