palmer69

~SPONSOR~
Jan 1, 2003
Just took my "new" '97 200 out for the first time. It is bone stock, and according to the previous owner, has had no carb adjustments. The bike starts easily and takes a few minutes to warm up and stop bogging when the throttle is opened. Once warmed-up it really screams but if I putt around for just a little while, the next time I open the throttle it bogs and spews a big white/blue cloud of exhaust before clearing and taking off. Seems to me that it may be a bit rich on the idle circuit and is loading up at low rpms. Is this normal for the KDX or can I adjust it out without modifying the carb? I have two other two strokes and am quite familiar with idle circuits, jets, needle positions etc. So don't talk down to me KDXperts!

Thanks,

Matt

palmer69

~SPONSOR~
Jan 1, 2003
Hey all,
The air screw was open about 1 and a quarter turns. I opened it another quarter turn and dropped the idle screw down to compensate. This helped quite a bit.

Tom Ludolff

Oct 3, 2002
You should be able to fix that with your air screw. You could try dropping the needle a notch also. See which way gives the best response. I know from experience if you go too lean on the pilot circuit you'll get hesitation when you wack it to 1/2 throttle from an idle.

Top Bottom