A quick story.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Today we had a "yard sale" clearing out some things we don't use or need. At the end of the day, an old couple stopped by, as they couldn't find the sale earlier. We had hauled some of the items out to the street, thinking someone would just take them. As I talked to the couple, I found out that the gentleman is a disabled VFW, and has lung cancer. They asked if they could take the items to put up for sale to help the VFW fund. They took some golf clubs, VHS tapes, Christmas decorations and a few kitchen itmes.

No sooner had I gone behind the house, the doorbell rings, and they had come back, with two American Flags for me to place in the yard. I love America!!!!

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
you had a helluva lot better yard sale experience than I've ever had.

I also love America.

I love you too, Reginald Dos Pesos.

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Reginal Dos Pesos is da bomb and so is Bunny du Jour! Shirley Toolshed also loves America!!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Good deal, very cool! :cool:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Very nice story, rooster!
I too love America.
I love all y'all 2. :)
Actually, I'm just a love machine!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Jaybird said:
Very nice story, rooster!
I too love America.
I love all y'all 2. :)
Actually, I'm just a love machine!

Jaybird and Love Machine in the same sentence ... who would have thunk it!

Gomer ... oh Gomer :yikes:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
That's a cool story. I like visiting with the vets when they are working stores, rest stops, etc for donations. I want them to know they are very much appreciated.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…