Helmet and Jersey raffle to benefit a rider with cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
Every year Aztalan Cycle club members Big John and Marshalynn Meehan coordinate a raffle of a helmet and jersey signed by as many Pro riders at the Milleville National they can corral. In the past proceeds went to cancer research bt this year it will go to the family of a rider in Wisconsin that is battling cancer.
The drawing will be at the Triplecross banquet Saturday January 29. (deadline to purchase tickets has to be Thursday January 27, 2011 so I have time to get them to the Meehans)
If you are unable to attend I have tickets for sale at $5 each, 3 for $10, and 7 for $20
You can purchase through Paypal using spiderwebmxpics@gmail.com or if you are at the steels shoe this Sunday I will have them there. Altho I can guarantee your ticket stubs will be in the drawing I can not guarantee you will win- sorry. I will also take checks mailed to me at Dave Hollub 7205 Bergman Rd Sauk City WI 53583
If you use Paypal I would appreciate you use the method of saying it is a cash advance because then I don't get hit with the service fees and your entire donation goes to the fund. I need your full name, address, and a phone number that can be used to setup delivery to the lucky people. We will ship internationally

All money raised will go to the Ben Petersen family to help as they fight cancer in one of their family members. Let's make this a success and help a fellow rider out in the end.

a list of the riders signing the items is
Helmet (donated by Motosports Factory, Waukesha WI) and 1 jersey:
#5 Ryan Dungey #9 Ivan Tedesco #10 Tommy Hahn #12 Jake Weimer #18 Davi Millsaps #20 Brock Tickle #21 Blake Wharton #23 Justin Brayton #28 Tyla Rattray #29 Andrew Short #32 Kyle Cunningham #33 Josh Grant $42 Ben Evans #43 Steven Clarke #46 Ryan Sipes #48 Max Antsie #55 Kyle Chisholm #58 Weston peick #101 Ben Townley #122 Dan Reardon #133 Matt Teder #137 Travis Sewell #166 Dakota Teder #200 Cole Seely #339 Michael Thacker #341 Nico Izzi #377 Christophe Pourcel #577 Martin Davalos #628 Joey Rossi #800 Mike Alessi and MITCH PAYTON
Women
#1 Ashley Fiolek #2 Jessica Patterson #5 Elizabeth Bash #7 Sarah Whitmore #8 Mariana Balbi #12 Tatum Sik #17 Jackie Ives #18 Tarah Gieger #99 Kirsten Raemisch

DSCN0712.jpg

DSCN0711.jpg

DSCN0631.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

Thanks again
Edited because I have been notified the MXoN Jersey has gone missing. If it is located again I will add it back in

Last edited:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
I most of you have no clue who I am or if you can trust me with your money. All I can say is I have been around DRN for years and twice a year members freely send me money to enter the Fantasy MX I run and never in 10 years has anyone come up short in the end. If you are willing to take part in this effort be assured every penny you send WILL go to the family and you WILL have your ticket stubs in the drawing.
In the past Chili won a helmet and I remember one other DRN member winning a jersey but don't remember his name

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
You have money in PayPal Dave.

wrench

'00 Flappin' Fender [Ret]
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 7, 2000
You have PayPal Dave :cool:

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
$$ $ent

Dave - $10 via PayPal sent your way. As always - your efforts are valiant.

JimK

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
You've got money!

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
done

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
Paypal sent Dave. After my Dad's battle with cancer I hate to see a young man have to fight the fight, every little bit helps!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
You guys are all absolutely awesome :cool: :nod:
Chili nailed why it means so much to me. This young man is the same age as my son (22) and rides the same class. I didn't see him around the tracks this summer and thought it was just his time to begin a new life away from the track. Then I found out the real reason why he was away late in the summer- No way someone his age (or any for that matter) should have to fight this fight

VenomRS4

Jan 12, 2007
Well, I hope all goes well. These stories break my heart and I want to do what I can to help. Oldguy, im active on 3wheelerworld.com also. I know trikes are somewhat frowned upon by many people but would you be against me posting a link to this on there? Im sure some members on there would contribute as well.

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
VenomRS4 said:
Well, I hope all goes well. These stories break my heart and I want to do what I can to help. Oldguy, im active on 3wheelerworld.com also. I know trikes are somewhat frowned upon by many people but would you be against me posting a link to this on there? Im sure some members on there would contribute as well.
That would be great anything that can be raised will help the family out. :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
The MXoN jersey has been located

It turns out the shop that donated the helmet had taken that and both jerseys to display. So now the raffle has the 2 jerseys and the helmet.
I hope to have a full listing of teams that signed the MXoN jersey by Saturday night since it is being shipped back to the Meehans.
Unfortunately the USA team is not on it as they locked themselves inside their pits and were unavailable to do any signing :(

85Z

Aug 28, 2005
Hey guys...Thanks to Venomrs4,Posted it up on the 3ww site..I Sent a few bucks For a good cause, Very cool idea.

Dirty Dave

Sponsoring Member
Jul 31, 1999
PayPal

Cash is in your bucket. Best of luck to the young man. :cool:

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
You guys are all making this raffle a real winner for the Petersen family.
I just got a list of the names on the MXoN jersey
Some of the riders rode under diff number than what the book shows

Mexico
Martin Garcia did not put his number
142 Alberto Herdia
143 Carlos Oros

Brazil
40 Anderson Cidade
41 Christopher (Pipi) Castro
42 Antonio Balbi

Ireland
46 Stuart Edmonds