JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
From RX:

Racer X has learned that Friday afternoon's practice session for the opening round of the THQ AMA Supercross Series at Angels Stadium in Anaheim, California, has been cancelled due to inclement weather. According to AMA Pro Racing's Steve Whitelock, who is in Daytona tire testing for the AMA Superbike Series, practice has been cancelled due to the forecast. This throws a whole new wrench in the works, because the riders will now only have Saturday afternoon to dial in the track and get a feel for their competition. The move is not without precedent, however: last year's Friday practice at Anaheim was cancelled as well, but the track was in great shape by Saturday.

Kawidude

D'oh!
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 23, 2000
Did anyone see RC's quote in the last RacerX. He said, "What will James do if it rains on January 8th?" That was in response to the previous issue where James said his whole life is about January 8th. Looks like we might find out how James handles the rain.

berudd

Dec 31, 2004
I guess the weathermen in CA are better than they are here in NC if they are going to cancel something that far in advance based on a forecast. I am usually impressed if the weatherman can tell me what it is doing right now!

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Isn't RC a good mud rider ?
I seem to recall he was happy in the mud

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
He is one of the better mud riders around now but to me the SX track mud is not at all like the outdoors mud. It just doesn't seem to have the same drainage and tends to pool slop more heavily.
I just hope we do not get a repeat of the mud race like Spain last year.

rydesred

Dec 18, 2004
berudd said:
I guess the weathermen in CA are better than they are here in NC if they are going to cancel something that far in advance based on a forecast. I am usually impressed if the weatherman can tell me what it is doing right now!

yeah im in south eastern va and i know exatly what u mean. they change their minds as they are giving the forcast. :bang:

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Kawidude said:
Did anyone see RC's quote in the last RacerX. He said, "What will James do if it rains on January 8th?" That was in response to the previous issue where James said his whole life is about January 8th. Looks like we might find out how James handles the rain.

A few years ago at Hangtown, Moto2 Was a DOWNPOUR!! RC and Bubba didnt seem too get slowed down too much, but as somebody mentioned, depends on how the track drains the water.. Im still going w/Bubba :nener:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
And the plot thickens........

berudd

Dec 31, 2004
rydesred said:
yeah im in south eastern va and i know exatly what u mean. they change their minds as they are giving the forcast. :bang:

Hey man, where in VA. I am in Raleigh. You ever ride a Birch Creek?

I just read that they had to cancel it becuase do to the rain they have not been able to build the track yet. That makes a little more sence.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
oldguy said:
I just hope we do not get a repeat of the mud race like Spain last year.

Hmmm, a Suzuki rider won that race.

rydesred

Dec 18, 2004
sorry not trying to hijack

berudd said:
Hey man, where in VA. I am in Raleigh. You ever ride a Birch Creek?

I.

i live in norfolk va. nope ive never ridden there. the place me and my buddy go now is in elizabeth city(not the track). my buddies cousin lives in fuquay and on time we were down there we went and rode at buckleberrys. not the most fun ive ever had

jackdrinker

Apr 11, 2003
I was really hoping to see a great race between RC,Bubba and K-Dub.. If it's a slop fest I see Bubba being taken out of that battle.. Nerves, mud and big triples are not a good combination...

Thump

Jr Admin Type
Jan 17, 2000
jackdrinker said:
I was really hoping to see a great race between RC,Bubba and K-Dub.. If it's a slop fest I see Bubba being taken out of that battle.. Nerves, mud and big triples are not a good combination...
Bubba is possibly the best mudder out there. He also nails the track layouts faster than anyone which will be an advantage with only one practice. IMO his odds of winning just went up.

TheGrinch

Nov 26, 2000
I don't care if it rains, as long as none of the top riders get injured. That would put a real dampner (no pun intended) on the rest of the season.

brit yz125

Jan 7, 2005
bubba cant ride the mud. I heard he rode a youth world champs in holland some years ago, and was disasterous, kept fallin off and finished way down the order. :ride:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
bubba cant ride the mud.
LOL.. could be, could be. I'm sure he was as good on a bike "some years ago" as he is now.

Grinch's point is well taken.. mud+SX = more chance for injury, that would suck.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Okiewan said:
Grinch's point is well taken.. mud+SX = more chance for injury, that would suck.
agreed. I'd like to see an SX series where all the big boys are still healthy at the end of the year. SLC a few years back wasn't quite as cool due to the attrition.

Top Bottom