JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I just inherited a 1973 El Camino that belonged to my maternal grandfather. Gramps passed away in 1977, but my cousin Jake got the El Camino, even though I really wanted it. Jake never did anything with it, but he had the good sense to park it in a barn. Jake just called me and asked if I wanted it, and of course I said yes. I'm driving out to scenic Springville, Alabama tomorrow or Thursday to take a look. If it's in decent shape, I'm going to have it delivered to a body shop so that it can be restored.

Are there any El Camino specific sites or resto product companies out there?

I'm kinda pumped about this deal, even if it means I'll be in Carlo's posse. :silly:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
You shouldn't have a problem finding info on the cruck.  I just saw a site the other day that had lots of information.  I will go back and try to find it.  If I do I will post the link for you.  I just didn't save it because I don't have an El Camino any more.  I had 71 model myself.  It was my first vehicle, my grandfather gave it to me.  I remember going with him to pick it up when he bought. it. 

zio

Mr. Atlas
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by Julius Pleaser
I'm kinda pumped about this deal, even if it means I'll be in Carlo's posse. :silly:

I think you have to be a member of La Raza to be in his gang. Caramba!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
:yeehaw: :aj: There's a few places out here in Huntington Beach and Orange that specialize in elks. I'll get the names and pm you.;) You still have to go through a certain initiation to be in the posse, you just can't walk right in. :|

Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by a454elk
:yeehaw: :aj: You still have to go through a certain initiation to be in the posse, you just can't walk right in. :|

From what I hear, after your initiation, you can't walk right at all!!!

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
All right, time to settle one of the mysteries of the universe. Why does Elk have what seems like a picture of Elway in his Avatar? :think:

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by 23jayhawk
All right, time to settle one of the mysteries of the universe. Why does Elk have what seems like a picture of Elway in his Avatar?

That would be his role model Eric Estrada.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
All this time I thought it was one of the Village People!

....I though Estrada was one of the Village People..... ;)

Boy, did we *******ize this thread or what. :)

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by WaltCMoto
JP, That sounds cool, even if we now mention yours and Elkarinos name in the same sentance.

Ah, The Elk Brothers! :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Don't even go there, makes my stomach turn!:moon::) Damn the Gomer.

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
I used to like yellow - and then I rode a Suzuki. Now I break out in hives everytime I get close to anything resembling a YT. Same thing happens around most Eyetalians.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Those ain't hives, thems goose bumps, admit it, you like me.;)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by Timr
GYDBT Replica?
OH YEEAAHH! JP, you ain't got a hair on your ass if you don't do a GYDBT replica. Go for it, you gotta! :yeehaw:
We're gonna have a GYDBT replica.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Someone smack VD, he fell head first into his keyboard!

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Hey now. This is serious. Somebody should email Rick and see can we get some color photos for the project.

Hey JP, if you gonna do this thing right you gotta chit can that semdythree and get a sistyfoe. Cuz the GYDBT was a sistfoe. We already ascertained that in another fine thread (http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74617).

I'll see if I can find that story that 'splains about all the chit you need to have behind the seat. Stuff like Pep Boys oil cans and McD's fries that are so hard you could use 'em fer nails. I'll get on this ASAP. Maybe I better draft a letter to Rick and beg him for photos and mechanical info.

Thanks JP! U da Man, man. This is gonna be great. You won't regret it, buddy. :yeehaw:

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by VintageDirt
We already ascertained that in another fine thread (http://www.dirtrider.net/forums3/showthread.php?s=&amp;threadid=74617).

I'll see if I can find that story that 'splains about all the chit you need to have behind the seat. Stuff like Pep Boys oil cans and McD's fries that are so hard you could use 'em fer nails. I'll get on this ASAP. Maybe I better draft a letter to Rick and beg him for photos and mechanical info.

VD,

The list of items that you are looking for are located in the article Just like Pissing in the Wind located on page 175 of Monkey Butt.

Some of the items behind the seats include: Two cans of chain lube and an unopened quart of Full Bore Oil. Uh-0h.&nbsp; Also an opend&nbsp; quart of Full Bore Oil, Upside down.

The next layer revealed mostly junk:&nbsp; Jack In The Box boxes (empty), wadded up McDonald's bags, serveral plastic six pack holders, a Cheech and Chong Album (how'd that get in here?), half of a moldy Whopper from Burger King, and several dozen plastic straws.&nbsp; And who knows how many crumpled napkins?

There's a pic of this fine beast on page 178.

Regarding the picture in the above thread, on page 201 of Monkey Butt, Hunky quits Dirt Bike for the first time just after throwing an IBM selectric type writer out of Jack D. Fox's office window.&nbsp; When Hunky left the office, he stated that he left in his El Camino with a new Ossa Pioneer in the back.

On page 229 there's another article concerning the GYDBT.&nbsp; This article refers to the end of it's existance.&nbsp; The truck had started to run worse and worse

Hunky's words:

Reluctantly, we gave the El Camino a sort of tune-up after the odometer registered slightly over 200,000 miles.&nbsp; The old pugs were removed and a batch of reasonably clean bike plugs were screwed in place.&nbsp; Serveral were NGK B8Es and some of the others where Champion N3s, and I think one was a Bosch W260.

Hunky took out an ad in Cycle News: "WILL TRADE FOR ALMOST ANYTHING!"

:)

Top Bottom