matthunter

Feb 10, 2002
hey guys, i know its not important on a track how fast the bike goes u just need quickness....but anyways i am wondering how fast the 85's go i heard 65-70 and if u guys can tell me how fast they go it would be great...thank you

flyfishdoc

Apr 29, 2002
Well it depends on a lot of things. And it really DOESN'T matter. Top Speed really doesnt count for jack on the track (hey, that rhymes). I mean, if you were on a steep downhill, loamy incline in perfect conditions with the wind behind you I'd venture to say the bike could go much higher than 70. At the same time if you're going up hill on rocks with the wind in your face, well then you probably won't be going any speed at all. It seems like what you're trying to find out is which bike is the fastest. I dont know which has the most raw speed but I know a bit abotut the powerbands. The CR has the shortest powerband, concentrated towards the top end. The RM has the most low end (in my opinion), its my favirote to ride. I dont know about the KX as I've never rode one, and the YZ is somewhere in between the RM and the CR. If you're trying to find out what bike to get I'd reccomend you go to the "What bike do i get" forum and give people your stats (height, weight, riding exp. etc) and you'll surely recieve some feedback.
Andrew

matthunter

Feb 10, 2002
yea thank you....i know it dosnt matter on a track its just i was wonderin how fast it would go becuz i love flyin around feilds then goin crazy on a track!!!!!

flyfishdoc

Apr 29, 2002
Well in that case- I'm sure that given the perfect conditions in a field you could exceed 60 miles per hour... of course headshake would be quite a problem at that speed, and traveling at that rate of speed for a long amount of time would be dangerous as hell and would really stress out the engine (you probly already knew that though, lol)
Andrew
Andrew

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom