MikeKX250

Mar 21, 2001
I`m installing a Acerbis DHH twin headlight on my 99KX250. Has anyone else installed a headlight on their KX? I want to know where you routed the front brake line. In front of the light or behind it? If behind it did you have any problems with it rubbing on things when the front forks go up and down? I`m going to change the 35 watt bulbs and install 10 watt bulbs and tap into the power jet wire to supply the 20 watts for the light. I have heard you can safely pull 25 watts from the powerjet wire, 20 for the head and 5 for a tail light.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
Found it Mike. They were doing an article on converting one of Fred Andrews GNCC bikes to run an ISDE Qualifier.It is in the October 98 issue, The brake line is routed in the normal way and is behind the headlight/numberplate. I scanned the article (5pages) but the files are to big to put up here. If you want it pm me an e-mail addy and I'll send it

Lissa

"Am I lost again?"
Apr 28, 2002
On my girlfriends (this is her boyfriend) 03 KX 250, we are using the Steahly power jet kit. I ran the brake line behind the DHH headlight, just inside of the black headlight bracket. I also hooked up a Fredette brake light switch off of a DRZ 400 (they use a LED taillight) because with the Steahly kit it was recomended to use a LED bulb. It needs less power to light it. It has worked pretty good so far, but the taillight has given us some problems lately. I ended up ordering a E Line coil and brake switch and will install it next time I see the bike. It is on its way to Brazil.
Rob

MikeKX250

Mar 21, 2001
Senior KX, I can`t send you a pm. I guess it`s because I`m not a paying member. You can email it to me mikekx250@cox.net
Thanks again.

Top Bottom