RazBarlow

Jan 24, 2001
I am helping out a buddy on this brand of bike. It has a Morini S5 engine in it. I am cunfused about the intake. It has been modified to accept a Boysen reed cage. Well, when I pulled the reed cage out, an aluminum plate fell out with an oblong hole milled in it. Somehow this plate was epoxied in position to create more low end I am assuming.
Well, now what to do ? How was this plate installed originally and how to hold it in place agin ? Is this a speed secret for more low end ?
I sure hope you guys know what I am referring to.
Thanks,
Raz

BTW : WHere do I get some clutch shoes, springs and gaskets for this little bike ?

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
It sounds like it might be a carb restrictor. In order to be AMA legal bikes are limited to certain size carbs. For example, our Polini X-1 comes with a 19mm carb with a restrictor to 14mm to be AMA legal.

Our restrictor fits in the intake boot between the carb and the reed cage. I'm not sure if this is what you are referring to.

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
I'm not sure what clutch it has but try Gabi @ 50ccParts.com (269) 651-5185. If she doesn't have them try Jason at Southwest Superminis (Jasle)

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
the action was imported by action in florida. I'm not a big fan and don't have their contact info. our clutch will work in the S5 but you'd need the arbor too which might put it out on price. the entire unit is $250 and then you'd probably smoke your basket quick so you'd be looking for one of those quick. more cost effective to find someone selling stock units.

theroyz71

~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Jasle, does it use the same clutch as the older LEMs with the S5 motor? I heard Action (former Polini distributor and current LEM distributor) was selling a bunch of old LEM parts on ****.

Raz, do a search for Action or 50cc Parts on ****.

Huh, **** is supposed to be that auction siter on the internet. I know it's a four letter word but ....

Jasle

Sponsoring Member
Nov 27, 2001
yes tim D is selling parts on the internet. I do believe the LEM clutch will work but I'm not 100% certain as I have not actually done it. He did the same thine when he had Polini. undercutting all the dealers with his **** pricing. but this time its in benefit to the dealers too cause they get good S5 prices...

Top Bottom