NITROHEAD

May 9, 2002
Hey,
I want to take off my stock pipe and put on an FMF. How hard is it to take off and put on the FMF. Is it alot of work? What kind of work? Also is it worth it?
nick

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
the hardest part is the springs but even that if you have a hook tool or a screwdriver isn't hard. i had a little trouble lining the screw holes up, but with a bit of tugging it fell into place nicely (i hear that's a big problem with FMF). i don't know if it's worth it (powerwise) because i don't have a kdx, but it only takes 10 minutes tops to switch.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
No it is not hard at all. All you have to do is to take of the springs that are on the pipe and unscrew maybe 3 bolts. Just follow the pipe and take off all of the bolts that hold the pipe on. The hardest part is taking off/ putting on the springs. Also make sure when you take off your pipe (you may have copper washers or o-rings) but make sure you keep those to put in your new pipe. If they are O-rings FMF should supply you with new ones. If they are copper washers i am not sure if FMF includes these. Then just put those in the new pipe and just screw all of the bolts back on. If you can i would get a spring puller. You can use needle nose pliers but i have gotten aggrivated to many times with these. Do your-self a favor and get a $5 spring puller it will save you a lot of aggrivation.

Is it worth it? Definetly to me it was for sure. I have an FMF fatty with shorty silecer and i was very pleased with the results. A lot more power everywhere. Anything i missed just post it. Ill anserw it.
Marc

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
FMF did NOT include an o-ring or copper ring for me. i had to reuse both. rubber o-rings are easy to just lift off and switch though.

Wallydog

May 14, 2002
What do you plan to do with your stock silencer? I have a nearly new Pro Circuit silencer I would trade for your stocker.

Last edited:

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
It's probably the easiest thing you can do with the biggest benefit. Seriously, it only takes ten or fifteen minutes to put it on. It's really no different than removing your stock pipe and putting it right back on. The only thing I know of that you could mess up is the rubber sleeve between the pipe and silencer. If it comes off with the pipe make sure you put in on the new pipe the same way, it's dif diameter at each end and will leak if backwards. Everything else like o-ring and springs only go on one way.

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
FMF did NOT include an o-ring or copper ring for me. i had to reuse both. rubber o-rings are easy to just lift off and switch though.

Really? i recevied a new o-ring from them.
The pc silencer with an FMF pipe? How does this work. I know david villumin uses this combo on the 250, but it wouldn't mess up the power at all?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom