JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
This bike has an adjustable power band and will leave you sweating with fear the second time you get on it!

What happens the first time you get on it ? :eek:

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
I emailed him a few questions I had before I decided if I wanted to bid on it :p Because I'm very curious about this powerband thing

B

biglou

I'm thinking "Adjustable Power Valve". He's prolly just got his terminology a little out of whack. :debil:

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I think Louise hit the nail on the head. (For all you CR owners, you can send your cylinders to Eric...he know how to adjust the powerband)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
Never raced. Only woods ridden.
well that's good, a big bad motocross machine really shouldn't be raced ya know, and there are lotsa MX tracks in the woods too.

will leave you sweating with fear the second time you get on it!
I really don't like to sweat when I ride, that's why I bought sahara gear :)

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Here's what the guy wrote and told ,e. I asked because I was curious

"There is no title, this is a motorcross bike although Ido have the original manuals.Yes you can adjust the power band, as to how hard it kicks in.Adjustment is on the front of the motor.Tfactory manual will show you how easy it is to adjust.I have a complete list of service and parts places for the bike.No problem getting parts.This is an awsome bike absolutely NO!!!! dissapointments.YOU guys are stealing the bike at this price range.Thanks"

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Does this mean that you could remove the powerband off the bike and throw it away??? I don't really like having lots of power (thats why I ride a trials bike!!) so would prefer just to leave that part back at home in the garage. :confused:

Rider 007

Feb 10, 2000
Guys, if memory serves correctly (and this is a BIG "if"), I think he's referring to the adjustment available on the power valve. Some sort of spring tension adjustment that affects when the the valve opens, thereby adjusting the "powerband". I don't know ATK's well enough to say this with all certainty.
Granted, it's strange terminology, but there have been several bikes with this feature over the years. I think Moose even sold different springs for certain models to tailor power delivery.
My 2 cents.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
He must be talking about the adjustable exhaust valve.

Although I already have a bike with this 'adjustable powerband' ,I'm thinking about making him an offer on the boat :) :) :) Perhaps it offers similar features.

Joe

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom