Advancer shaft lever is also shafted !!!

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
I didnt notice until putting the lever back on but the 2nd and 3rd teeth are quite worn. I can activate the power valves with the lever in place fine but Im worried it could slip / strip and cause bigger problems. Now this little piece is $110 AUD from my dealer as I cant get it shipped from ronayers.com ($60AUD). My question is has anyone experienced this problem before? I was thinking that I could clean the teeth up with a small file and make the other teeth all the same. Any thoughts on my backyard repair method? As always thank you all very much for any replies. This engine will be brand new the way Im going.... :bang:

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
I would think it would be almost impossible to file the teeth and get them so that the lash would be correct throughout the entire travel. It migh work for a while but if you have the cash I think it would be better to fix it now and not have to worry later.

I feel your pain on the repairs/money. My 88 has sucked over $1000.00 from my wallet in the last year. It is finished now and running well. I took it to the local Kawa dealer a few weeks ago and asked trade in value on a new KDX. He told me, "Your bike is in great shape, I should be able to give you $350.00 towards the new cycle". Needless to say I going to ride the 88 for a couple more years........

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Yeah, I would never trade in a dirt bike. At the rate I'm going, I'll have $20,000 in mine by the time it's as old as yours :yikes: Keep it for a back up bike, or at least a "Screw" bike. (you know, if you need a screw/bolt)

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
There is only about 4-5 teeth that mesh and its the 2 sort of middle ones that are a bit worn. Im gonna pull it back off and Ill post a pic. I havent forgotten about those pics Jason we are running our own buisness and its been extremely busy recently. Sorry mate. I should have them for you this weekend....

Top Bottom